Makeup: What would you like to receive (or give) this holiday season?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Greetings Makeup Talk members!

That time of the year is fast approaching! You know what we’re talking about: the time you start making holiday shopping lists and rack your brains on what to buy for your loved one. Or when you daydream about what you would like Santa to bring you this year - and don’t you want to evoke a reaction like this?

This is why we, the team at Makeup Talk, have come up with a plan to help you find guidance and inspiration for the upcoming holiday shopping madness. We’re planning to publish a useful and well-researched gift guide covering the following areas:

1. Makeup
  2. Makeup Brushes and Tools
  3. Sample Subscription Programs
  4. Skincare
  5. Hair
  6. Nails
  7. Body and Fragrance
But we need your help! Here’s how your invaluable expertise with beauty products can come into play:

• Think of a product in each of these categories that you’ve been using and really love. Think of whether you’d like to gift it to someone you love (or you secretly want it for yourself.)
  • Leave a comment in this thread on why you love that particular product or go to any one the other threads listed above. We encourage your feedback in more than one category but if time’s not on your side, we’re happy to get your input in at least the area you feel most knowledgeable or passionate about.
We’ll then use some of our magic techie tools to compile your feedback into a comprehensive holiday gift outline. And best of all: we’ll give credit in the final piece to those of you who contributed a lot.

If you’d like to get notified when the guide comes out, subscribe to this thread or follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

Thank you all in advance and really looking forward to your posts!

Best,
Zadidoll
Makeup Talk Community Manager

I would really like to get my mom a lipstick from Red Apple Lipstick (because i'm obsessed and I want her to become obsessed too!) Maybe a peppermint lipgloss for myself? I love peppermint during the Holiday season :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Makeup items I think are worth giving as gifts.

1. Yves Rocher tinted lip balms in Apricot & Soft Pink - At $4 a tube the colors are nice and sheer that it's a perfect stocking stuffer or gift a teen can give to another teen without breaking the bank. Available at Yves Rocher's website.
  2. TIGI Perfect Eyeliner in Peacock - At approximately $17 a liner I'm really in love with this color. It's a beautiful peacock blue that I think suits most skintones. Available in salons that sell TIGI Cosmetics.
  3. BH Cosmetics 120 Color Palette - 5th edition - Ok, this is on a the more price side at $34.95 but BH Cosmetics is known for their great sales and right now it's 50% off and only $17.48 as of this reply. This is one of those palettes that I think make great starters, especially for teens, who want a palette with lots of colors, good pigmentation and that's affordable.
  4. Feline Fatale from Glamour Doll Eyes - I know I haven't reviewed this yet but it's among my favorite shades of purple and close to what I consider "the perfect purple". It's only $6 on glamourdolleyes.com. When I wore it at IMATS LA this past June I got so many complements on it that I had to order it once it was back in stock as what I had was a sample size.
  5. Creme de la Creme palette from Saucebox Cosmetics - another one I haven't posted a review on but I bought that bad baby in June while at IMATS and I think it's on par with Urban Decay and use it more than my NAKED and NAKED 2 palettes from Urban Decay. It's $35 but each pan is 5 grams of shadow and the black in it is among my blackest blacks.
I'll have more recommendations later.

I'd like to get my mom a nice set of neutral shadows. She mentioned she hasn't been able to wear any because she has a sensitive eye area. Any suggestions? I was thinking Tarte only because I know they try to use more natural ingredients. 

Red Apple Lipstick has the Earth Luck palette. It's the one I have and I love it! Great quality plus they are vegan, gluten and allergen free. I like this one because I can make alot of looks with it you can do simple daytime look or darken it for night. I love it! They have lots of colors and other pallets so you should at least check them out..

I want the Kat Von D Saint palette. I asked for it last year but my husband didn't get it for me, boo.

I suggest Kat Von D Ludwig palette too, if anyone likes greens :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> It is definitely my most used palette.

I think also the Urban Decay Naked palettes are AWESOME gifts, I have given them to my cousin, my mom, friends and even giveaway prizes. If you can find someone who doesn't have one, they make awesome gifts.

Originally Posted by Ashley Teague /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Red Apple Lipstick has the Earth Luck palette. It's the one I have and I love it! Great quality plus they are vegan, gluten and allergen free. I like this one because I can make alot of looks with it you can do simple daytime look or darken it for night. I love it! They have lots of colors and other pallets so you should at least check them out..
Ohh I'll have to look into it. Thanks so much. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Your Welcome! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> on their website you can sign up to get emails from them and every month they have a new coupon code. So I would suggest doing that too if you do decide to order something.

Latest posts

Back