MakeupTalk Speeeeeeeeed

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Reaction score
We have done a few "speed" modifications to the server settings on Makeuptalk this morning. Can we quickly take a poll about our FORUM HOME(www.MakeupTalk.com/forums) page loading speed? Refresh it, click back and forth, etc...

How fast does the page loading happen on the FORUM'S HOME compared to yesterday or before?

Loading of the /forums/ home page (www.MakeupTalk.com/forums) has decreased from 95,337 bytes to 18,552 bytes. We have made an approx 80% reduction in the actual size of the pages. This should load it WAY faster. Even on cable/DSL, one should notice the refresh speed.

Do you notice pages loading faster?

Also state whether you are on dialup or broadband(cable/dsl)

Reaction score
oh, yeah. it's faster. i also notice everything loads at once, and not bits and pieces.

good job and thanks!

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jennifer

oh, yeah. it's faster. i also notice everything loads at once, and not bits and pieces.
good job and thanks!

Are you on dialup?

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tony(admin) Are you on dialup? no, sir. i'm on cable, optimum online, to be exact, the fastest. word up.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jennifer

no, sir. i'm on cable, optimum online, to be exact, the fastest. word up.

nice! I won't tell you what we are on LOL

Reaction score
Yeah its real fast, I have cable, optimum online as well as Jennifer...its like lightening.

Reaction score
I am on ADSL and it's always been fast; it might be just slightly faster now but I don't really notice much of a difference...

Reaction score
Cable broadband & thanks for the speed upgrade!

Reaction score
i have a cable connection and i do notice it faster especially on the sidebars those always take forever to load for some reason

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Anya1976

i have a cable connection and i do notice it faster especially on the sidebars those always take forever to load for some reason

Yes, it should forsure load faster, thanks

Reaction score
Yup I definitely think its faster! Thanks Tony coz this should make a difference to me when I’m on MuT at home. But I’ve good news, we’re getting high speed internet access on May 19th. I’m counting the days.. LOL!

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Laura

Yup I definitely think its faster! Thanks Tony coz this should make a difference to me when I’m on MuT at home. But I’ve good news, we’re getting high speed internet access on May 19th. I’m counting the days.. LOL!

COOL! high speed web is hot! awesome

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jennifer no, sir. i'm on cable, optimum online, to be exact, the fastest. word up. Me too!!! Let me get a 'hell yeah' for the Optimum!! LOL

And yeah, I am liking the entire page loading at once also! Much better & faster! Nice job!

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Laura Yup I definitely think its faster! Thanks Tony coz this should make a difference to me when I’m on MuT at home. But I’ve good news, we’re getting high speed internet access on May 19th. I’m counting the days.. LOL! Hallelujah! Haaaallelujah! Hall-e-lujah!!! Hall-e-lujah!!! HalleeeeeeeluuuuuuujAAAAAAAHHHHHH!

Reaction score
Originally Posted by charms23

Hey Tony, this is awesome! The page loads so fast - like in the blink of an eye

LOL. Yeah we had to make sure the server could handle it and it will. The speed is dope

Latest posts