Manicures

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eeep I'm a little freaked out about pedicures now- on the news last night they said that a local woman died of a staph infection she contracted while getting a pedi :eek:

ETA that this was at a salon and not at-home

oh, nooooooo. that sucks and it IS scary!

i've heard of a lot of people getting infections when they get acrylics on. 2 of my mom's friends had it happen to them :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I very rarely get manicures. I think its happened like only 3 times and I've only paid for it once before. Mostly, I trim my own nails and file them, using a buffer to buff them too sometimes, but very infrequently though. I get Pedicures much more frequently because my feet really does look bad.

Gosh I have prob had a professional one 5 times my whole life. My mom goes to that same lady I think every 2 weeks. She works out of her house, and is really good snd sanitary. I just would rather do it myself. Which I dont much. Although they are growing out, so I put a nail hardner on them. Sometimes I use a really sheer polish so you cant see the chips, mine chip really fast. I used to paint them I swear every like 4 days in college, I had about 10 polishes, and they all looked almost the same color. Once I had acrylics put on, never ever again, they werent even long, but they annoyed me, and I would smash them in stuff like the dishwasher. Doing those by myself look horrible. As for pedicures, I had one, I hate them, I hate people messing with my feet. I just trim my toenails, and use scrub cream. I dont paint my toenails anyways b/c I never wear sandals or flip flops.

I which I could afford to get a manicure once a week, and a pedicure every other week, but in reality, I do my own and not nearly as often as that--- just whenever the mood strikes me. My b/f once told me that "time was my nail polish removal"

When I was in high school I had acryllics for almost 4 years, always french, and finally took them off a few years ago since I know it wasn't very healthy at all. So I tried to do the whole mani every week, that didn't last long, and I missed the acryllics, so got them again. Couple years ago, took them off and once again tried the whole mani thing, lol. For some reason I was fine with going every 2 weeks for the acryllics, but never can keep up the habit with simple manicures. Probably because my nails never grow very long.

I love pedicures though and can't live without them! My b/f bought me a spa package for my bday, and I already got one pedi, and am ready for another!!

A majority of the time I'd do my own manicure/pedicure, but as of lately I've been lazy and I get them done. Generally I wait about a month or so to get them redone. My pedicure lasts longer than my manicure, so i just trim and repaint my nails. No hassle or fuss :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I had acrylic tips for a wedding but I took them off a few months ago. Now I do my own manicure and pedicure. I do want a professional pedicure sometime this summer because it's such a treat! My b-day is coming up soon - I think I'll treat myself!! :wish:

Back