Man's Dream, Girl's Terror: Africa

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So sad. Glad I live in USA where I can choose my husband. How truly sad for this girl.
icon_cry.gif
Age 36 is ancient compared to age 16!! Also, being kidnapped into marriage, and then raped, is not my idea of a happy life. Is this 2004?

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=629 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=3>Swazi king chooses another wife source

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=416><!-- S BO --><!-- S IIMA --><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=203 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>
_39110620_mswati203.jpg
Mswati chooses a new wife every year

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- E IIMA -->Africa's last absolute monarch, King Mswati III, has chosen a 16-year-old beauty queen as his latest bride-to-be.

The Miss Teenage Swaziland finalist appeared at last week's annual reed dance during which 20,000 bare-breasted virgins parade in his honour.

The 36-year-old king's behaviour has been criticised in a nation with one of the world's highest HIV/Aids rates.

He already has one fiancee and 11 wives. Campaigners had hoped the king would be satisfied with 12 wives.

His father had more than 60 wives.

In line with Swazi tradition, a fiancee becomes a wife once she falls pregnant.

Plans to build new palaces for each of his wives are also draining the tiny country's resources, with the IMF urging cut-backs as poverty and food shortages hit ordinary Swazis. His 10th wife, Zena Mahlangu, was controversially abducted two years ago when she was 18. Her parents failed to get their daughter returned after taking the king's aides to court for unlawfully detaining her.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Originally Posted by Californian So sad. Glad I live in USA where I can choose my husband. How truly sad for this girl.
icon_cry.gif
Age 36 is ancient compared to age 16!! Also, being kidnapped into marriage, and then raped, is not my idea of a happy life. Is this 2004?

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=629 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=3>Swazi king chooses another wife source

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=416><!-- S BO --><!-- S IIMA --><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=203 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>
_39110620_mswati203.jpg
Mswati chooses a new wife every year

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- E IIMA -->Africa's last absolute monarch, King Mswati III, has chosen a 16-year-old beauty queen as his latest bride-to-be.

The Miss Teenage Swaziland finalist appeared at last week's annual reed dance during which 20,000 bare-breasted virgins parade in his honour.

The 36-year-old king's behaviour has been criticised in a nation with one of the world's highest HIV/Aids rates.

He already has one fiancee and 11 wives. Campaigners had hoped the king would be satisfied with 12 wives.

His father had more than 60 wives.

In line with Swazi tradition, a fiancee becomes a wife once she falls pregnant.

Plans to build new palaces for each of his wives are also draining the tiny country's resources, with the IMF urging cut-backs as poverty and food shortages hit ordinary Swazis. His 10th wife, Zena Mahlangu, was controversially abducted two years ago when she was 18. Her parents failed to get their daughter returned after taking the king's aides to court for unlawfully detaining her.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Yup..definitely proud to live in a civilized society.I can't believe stuff like this still happens

I agree. I can't believe the things that go on over there. There was a special on Oprah about the babies being raped in Africa about couple of months ago and it was just too much to watch. I can't even imagine what kind of person can do that to another human being, especially an innocent infant. It's so sick!!!

Its terrible, they also still practice female circumcision (spelling) in the Sudan and Somalia. My sister in law is in the red cross over there.

Originally Posted by Irishgirl Lovely! How wonderful to have the King of your country contributing to the AIDS rate..I am glad that I don't live in that country because homeboy would wake up with Icy-Hot/Aspercreme in his drawers..and..*cough cough* not the kind of drawers you put clothes in either! Thank God for America!!! LMAO!!! My first super cool laugh of the day! Tks, Irish! Dark humor- my fav.
bfwoman.gif

Back