MASCARA RECOMMENDATIONS???

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm looking for drugstore mascara that will give a false eyelash effect.  Something volumizing and lengthening.  Any suggestions?

I really love Covergirl LashBlast Volume. You can get it at Target for $7.18. Here is a picture of my eye after curling my lashes, applying one coat, then when it dried, combing it with a clean lash brush (that's the reason for the flakies, i didn't wipe them off yet), then adding one more coat. I love it (not the best curl today but you get the idea):

And here is a Google image of the mascara itself:

The brush is so different and really does volumize/define well.

Good luck with your hunt :)

**edited because I accidentally gave Maybelline cred for this mascara haha.

I've heard great things about the Loreal False Fiber Lashes mascara though, in regular black, NOT the black lacquer one. I just haven't tried it myself.

L'Oreal Double Extend Beauty Tubes mascara is the mascara I keep going back to even after trying the priciest of high end ones.  To get the false lash effect and the volume and length I want, I have to have a fiber or beauty tube technology mascara, they've spoiled me for others.  That's the only way I can get actual length instead of perceived length, these mascaras actually add millimeters of what looks like natural lash on to the ends of your own lashes and between your own lashes, causing lush volume and length that makes my eyelashes touch my upper browbone when I look up slightly.

I've started using a Latisse generic but I'm only on day 10 so that's not affecting it yet.  I'd also like to try Too Faced's newer mascara, Better Than False Lashes, it is said to have similar properties but it's $35.  The L'Oreal one is a good price, about $11, comes with a lash primer that really boosts your lashes, coaxes out even the smallest of lashes by adding beauty tubes to them without looking clumpy or spidery.  It also lasts all day without flaking or smudging and comes off with just a regular washing of your face, you can see the tubes as actual residue that slips off your lashes when washing.  Anything that adds that much to my lashes is a winner for me.  Your mileage and preferences my vary.  Let us know if you find your holy grail mascara!

I recommend.....

Lioele Dollish Mascara
Lioele Dollish Mascara creates perfect doll like lashes without any help from falsies. The secret is within the unique silicon spiral brush effectively separates excessively curly lashes as it lengthens. Turn the dial on the cap to adjust brush to your liking. Short brush creates perfect length curls while the big brush creates volume. 

Directions: Hold the wand horizontally and brush lashes in a zigzag motion. Carefully cover every lash with formula. Then, hold the wand vertically and brush the wand from roots of the lashes upwards, to create long, curled and clump-free lashes. Increase the thickness of the lashes by applying mascara multiple times. Use the tip of the wand to reach shorter lashes.

Benefits

• Water-resistant
  • Non-flaking
  • smudge-resistant
  • Removes easily

Latest posts

Back