Matte Red Lipstick

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I recently discovered Arissa lipstick in "Pretty Red". It's not only affordable (only $2.99 at Cherry Culture), but incredibly pigmented. I was/am actually surprised.

Russian Red from MAC is one of those universally flattering shades, no matter what your skin tone. Looks good on just about everybody!

This was my first MAC product and I got it a couple weeks ago in the store after I tried it on. It was kind of weird because I think they just wipe off the top part of the lipstick and then let you apply it, but that's beside the point. The color is VERY bright and definitely not for someone who doesn't want to stand out. This specific lipstick, Ruby Woo, is actually very rough on my lips--not very creamy at all-- but I believe that's because it's made from some sort of clay. I also find it a bit drying so if you want a creamy lipstick, this shade is not for you. I think it is rather long lasting because when I tried it on in the store I just had Chap Stick on and I wiped it off with my hand right before I applied the lipstick. I wasn't sure if I liked it so I tried to wipe it off with tissue paper, but it definitely stuck on my lips! As I looked at myself for the rest of the day, though, I decided that I liked it-- good thing it stuck on my lips! Although when I eat it does disappear, and when I drink it leaves red marks on my water bottle. Overall not a bad product!Thanks for sharing.

Back