May 26, 2014: Outside of makeup, what are your hobbies?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@@SaraP @@dancersmum  You guys are so talented! Amazing work! Those little piggies look interesting- are they edible?

I have a new hobby which is being a mom to a little baby girl :)

I love writting, and watching good tv sequences... and shopping.... I LOOOOOVE shopping. and I'm really good at it too  ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

@@SaraP @@dancersmum  You guys are so talented! Amazing work! Those little piggies look interesting- are they edible?

I have a new hobby which is being a mom to a little baby girl :)

I love writting, and watching good tv sequences... and shopping.... I LOOOOOVE shopping. and I'm really good at it too  ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 
everything on all my cakes is edible!!

I crochet and work in cat rescue (currently Mama to four little furry babies!) I also read a lot of mythology and folklore as well as comedy, love all kinds of comedy movies from all eras, read tarot and runes, and collect froggies.

It's nice to see that I'm not the only manga reader who likes makeup =)

I love to read and draw manga, I love gaming too (console gaming).  I am a Final Fantasy fan.

I am a sucker for chick-lit and I agree that kindle makes book buying so much easier, especially when I'm in Asia and any books in English cost two-fold!

Crafting, painting, playing guitar, and reading...just a few of my favorite things.

painting! there's just something calming about it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I did up a huge wonderwoman/superman one last sunday - well, i had sketched it out a few months ago actually lol but its hard to find time to do it nowadays! so it sat in my art room until about a week ago when i finally said NO! im finishing it!!! haha (its about 3.5ft tall... and yes my back and wrist were killing me for days after that 13 hour day!)

I am unable to post any pictures of it in this forum apparently... but im pretty proud of it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

For me, many different music-related things occupy much of my time.  I just finished my master's thesis in musicology, and hope to get some of my research published (I have some rather obscure musical interests hah).  Also, I perform with my band, and incorporate my interest in makeup to create various stage looks of all sorts.  I love performing and I'm usually involved in putting on some sort of charitable concert or event (I also promote them, too).  When I'm not performing, I do some soundtrack work for the odd independent documentary or promo video too, which is a lot of fun.

I recently took up painting too, though I'm quite a novice! hah  I enjoy it though, and really wish that I took art back in high school, but as I tell my older music students, better late than never, right? :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

This is a great thread!  Makes for an interesting but quick read (much easier than going through profiles).  So neat to see so many people into gaming on here :)

Gaming is definitely a big thing for me, but I just don't have the time to do it nearly as much anymore.  I enjoy PC gaming (console to a point), with my favorites genres being either space or fantasy turn-based RPG's.  I like the strategy involved :)  I *do* get to play multiplayer games a bit more as my daughter (and now my son) are into Minecraft.  Really cool game.

I also love corresponding with people in general, even if they aren't involved in any of my direct hobbies.  I'm always told that I never meet a stranger, and I guess I never do.  I love to talk!  Internet gaming (mainly Utopia) actually began my love of communicating with different people in different parts of thew world, and it's a great hobby to have.  It kind-of fits in with all of my other hobbies.  To sum up a short list...

--Being a parent!... Does that even count as a hobby???  Being a spouse is pretty cool, too, when I'm not in trouble...

--Gaming

--Meeting new people from all over the world

--Science and math (I've always been a big space nut since I was a kid.  I enjoy stargazing and astrophotography)

--I saw a lot of Kindle lovers.  I completely agree!  I get hooked on a series and have to have the next book *right now*

--I love brewing beer.  I have a group of friends that meet and brew fairly often, and we're usually drink the last batch while we work :)

--It doesn't go well with the previous hobby, but going fast :)  Driving fast cars, snow skiing, water skiing, etc.

--One of my children is autistic, so research, development, interaction, methodologies, life stories & experiences are always something I always read. 

That kind-of takes up the bulk of my time!!!   I'm someone who's kind-of up for just about anything. 

There is so much talent on here, but I have to say that I'm envious of those with baking skills.  Pretty amazing stuff!

My hobbies aren't expactly the 'coolest' haha, but I play the trumpet, write music and teach children to play the trumpet.

I also like swimming and tennis :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm not exactly the fittest though!

Back