Memebox: Product reviews

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just tried the Bling Bling cream today, I'm not sure what it was but it just didn't work out for me. I couldn't really tell if it was yellow or pink undertones -- it looked yellow going on but when I went out in the light it seemed pinkish? I think because of the tiny bit of shimmer they have in it. Overall it was too pale for me, though.

If you've got the teeny Miguhara BP cream samples from Memebox 2 or Luckybox 4, try that out, too! They apply like a dream. Very powdery (might be a good or bad thing depending on your makeup routine). Super light coverage, though (again, might be a good or bad thing).

So I've been using the Recipe cleaners from the sampler pack, and I can't say that I like them. Once I get past how insanely cute they are, the products themselves are just meh. The Green Tea one dried out my face so much that I felt like I needed to slap on a moisturizer immediately after using it. The Adley one was ok, though still a bit drying. The Lemon smells like I am rubbing PineSol all over my face, ha! The lemon smell is super strong, and I'm not a big lemon fan in the first place. So sad that I didn't like them more. 

On the other hand, I LOVE the Zivon Plu body scrub from the Hair & Body box! LOOOOOOOVE! It's the perfect amount of grit for me, and the smell is wonderful! Too bad I can't find it online anywhere except for buying a lot of 6 of them for $70. 

I also really liked the SEP face mask. The felt really good on, and I loved how it was split into two so it actually fit on my face, as opposed to most other masks that I have to move into awkward positions to make it work. Yet another product I can't find to buy though! Anyone else had any luck with that? I actually can't really find any of their products at all...

So I've been using the Recipe cleaners from the sampler pack, and I can't say that I like them. Once I get past how insanely cute they are, the products themselves are just meh. The Green Tea one dried out my face so much that I felt like I needed to slap on a moisturizer immediately after using it. The Adley one was ok, though still a bit drying. The Lemon smells like I am rubbing PineSol all over my face, ha! The lemon smell is super strong, and I'm not a big lemon fan in the first place. So sad that I didn't like them more. 

On the other hand, I LOVE the Zivon Plu body scrub from the Hair & Body box! LOOOOOOOVE! It's the perfect amount of grit for me, and the smell is wonderful! Too bad I can't find it online anywhere except for buying a lot of 6 of them for $70. 

I also really liked the SEP face mask. The felt really good on, and I loved how it was split into two so it actually fit on my face, as opposed to most other masks that I have to move into awkward positions to make it work. Yet another product I can't find to buy though! Anyone else had any luck with that? I actually can't really find any of their products at all...
I know what you mean *sighs* I love the Psy masks we received in box 8 and would love to purchase it in bulk, but I could only find it for sale in singles. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Have you tried looking on Ebay? I just did a quick search for the two products you're interested in and found them. Both are from sellers located in South Korea that offer free shipping & samples. The SEP mask was 16.99 for 4 & the Zivon Plu body scrub (purple version) was $12.98 for 200g. I would post the links, but I think it might be against the rules. So if you can't find them then I could always PM you the links. :smilehappyyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
I know what you mean *sighs* I love the Psy masks we received in box 8 and would love to purchase it in bulk, but I could only find it for sale in singles. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Have you tried looking on Ebay? I just did a quick search for the two products you're interested in and found them. Both are from sellers located in South Korea that offer free shipping & samples. The SEP mask was 16.99 for 4 & the Zivon Plu body scrub (purple version) was $12.98 for 200g. I would post the links, but I think it might be against the rules. So if you can't find them then I could always PM you the links. :smilehappyyes:
I had looked on ebay for the scrub, but I can't help but wonder if the purple one has the same smell? I might just get it anyway and check it out. And I hadn't looked for the masks, but thanks for the heads up! Doesn't look like they have any other kinds of masks except for that "lifting" one which is what I was hoping for. I'll have to remember to check ebay out first when I'm looking to re-buy meme items!

I recently came across this Pore Beauty Nose Pack by Skinmiso (it was inside my Memebox Superbox #11: Before Special Day), and it really is OUR HOLY GRAIL PRODUCT!!! It is a 3-step pore care for those who are struggling with excess sebum and blackheads around the nose.

Inside The Box:
4 x Step 1 Mask: Blackhead & Whitehead Removal Mask
4 x Step 2 Mask : Pore Tightening & Soothing Mask
1 x Step 3: Silky Essence 15ml

Unlike other nose packs, this is not the type that sticks onto your nose and you have to painfully peel off afterwards!

How To Use:
Use on a cleansed face.
Place the Step 1 Mask onto your nose and wait for 10-15 minutes. The mask will give you a cool and refreshing sensation, and it will open up your pores to make the impurities come out easier.

The Step 1 Mask is enriched with various plant extracts to help open up pores :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Can you see how it is big enough to even fit on a man's nose?! That's awesome!

Remove the Step 1 Mask after 10-15 minutes, and you will see the excess sebum and blackheads gushing out of the enlarged pores!
I was really shocked to see how much of the excess sebum/blackheads that had already floated to the surface of the skin!!!

Gently remove the visible blackheads, whiteheads, or any other impurities clogging your pores using a blackhead extractor. Do the probing in quick motions and avoid harsh dragging or scraping across the skin.
Hubby wasn't very pleased with this step, as it was quite painful, but it wasn't as bad when I changed to use my blackhead extractor instead of his one - the shape matters! The blackheads were also very easy to extract, as they had all floated to the surface of the skin after applying the Step 1 Mask!

Place the Step 2 Nose Mask onto your nose area as you did with the first mask. This Mask will help soothe and tighten up your already enlarged pores. Wait for another 10-15 minutes.

The Step 2 Mask is made from witch hazel extracts, and helps to tighten, soothe, and moisturise :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Remove the Mask after 10-15 minutes, and you will see that the pores are tightened already! Massage in the remaining essence into the nose, then rub a tiny bit of the Silky Essence over your nose for a silky-matte finish!

The Silky Essence will finish off the process by controlling sebum and oil levels of your skin!

It took us around 30 minutes to finish using the 3-step process, and by the time we finished, hubby was already feeling very sleepy! The good news is, he has a cleaner nose now :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Before using the pack, I also made hubby use the Multiberry Yogurt Peeling Gel by Laneige, so that it would "soften" his skin and make the pore extracting process easier. I also applied toner to his face before applying the Silky Essence, then I applied his usual essence, serum, and lotion to his face afterwards.

We were very pleased with this product, and we are thinking of repurchasing it already!!! I did a search online, and saw them retailing for approx. US$20.99 for a 10-week pack (I was only give a 4-week pack inside my Memebox).

Has anyone else tried this product before?

@@eugiegenie great review! Your husband is wonderful for being your test subject, too!! lol

I just got my first box yesterday, so I don't have any major reviews yet. I would like to try the products for about a week and then state my results. I will say that my initial reaction on 3 products are positive - the O& SoapBerry Cleanser, Dream cream and the Tea Tree essence (all from luckybox 5)

Those 3 could have the potential to be fixtures in my makeup arsenal!

@@eugiegenie great review! Your husband is wonderful for being your test subject, too!! lol

I just got my first box yesterday, so I don't have any major reviews yet. I would like to try the products for about a week and then state my results. I will say that my initial reaction on 3 products are positive - the O& SoapBerry Cleanser, Dream cream and the Tea Tree essence (all from luckybox 5)

I love the cleanser!!! I wasn't that excited about it until I actually tried it!!!

@@eugiegenie Great review! Maybe I should get that for my fiance. I know this sounds awful but his blackheads just bug me LOL. He obviously doesn't care about skincare & stuff so I try to get him to do pore strips sometimes.

@@eugiegenie fabulous review!! I kinda desperately want those nose packs now, maybe I'll stalk some people's trade lists when #11 starts rolling in :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Personally, I love the dream cream. It's soo weird and wonderful!!!

I just tried the Bling Bling cream today, I'm not sure what it was but it just didn't work out for me. I couldn't really tell if it was yellow or pink undertones -- it looked yellow going on but when I went out in the light it seemed pinkish? I think because of the tiny bit of shimmer they have in it. Overall it was too pale for me, though.

If you've got the teeny Miguhara BP cream samples from Memebox 2 or Luckybox 4, try that out, too! They apply like a dream. Very powdery (might be a good or bad thing depending on your makeup routine). Super light coverage, though (again, might be a good or bad thing).
I tried the Bling Bling Cream yesterday and I couldn't get it to work for my skintone either.. granted, I have golden/olivey undertones and am not exactly fair-skinned, but I thought I could at least kind of use it :/ I ended up darkening it up with my tanned-summer BB cream and kind of got it to blend in so I didn't look like a ghost.  I also just felt like it was counteracting my undertones and wasn't working.  So sad.  I may try a 50/50 mix of that and my dark BB cream to see if I can get it to work better, but I'm thinking probably not :/  Glad to know I'm not the only one though!

@@eugiegenie Great review! Maybe I should get that for my fiance. I know this sounds awful but his blackheads just bug me LOL. He obviously doesn't care about skincare & stuff so I try to get him to do pore strips sometimes.
@@eugiegenie fabulous review!! I kinda desperately want those nose packs now, maybe I'll stalk some people's trade lists when #11 starts rolling in :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm actually thinking, since hubby didn't really like the way I extracted his blackheads using the pore extracting stick...maybe applying the Step 1 mask, I could use a pore strip to help remove the blackheads instead..and then followed by the Step 2 mask and the Step 3 essence. Do you guys think it would work? Let me try next time, and I'll let you guys know  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

great!  now I am humming "bennie and the jets"  lol

Hey kids, shake it loose together

The spotlight's hittin' something

That's been known to change the weather

We'll kill the fatted calf tonight

So stick around

You're gonna hear electric music

Solid walls of sound

Say, Candy and Ronnie, have you seen them yet, woo

But they're so spaced out, Be-Be-Bennie and the Jets

Oh but they're weird and wonderful

Oh Bennie she's really clean

She's got electric boots, a Mohair suit

You know I read it in a magazine, ooh ho

Be-Be-Bennie and the Jets

@eugiegenie  before applying the pore strip, I would have him put a hot - well warm-hot - wet towel over his face (like they do in spa's).  That way it will open up his pores before you apply the strip :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

let us know how it goes!

@eugiegenie  before applying the pore strip, I would have him put a hot - well warm-hot - wet towel over his face (like they do in spa's).  That way it will open up his pores before you apply the strip :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

let us know how it goes!
hehe that's how we do it normally too, but with the Skinmiso mask, after the first step, all the dirty stuff actually came gushing out to the top of the skin that i could see it with my bare eyes!!! like if i extracted the blackheads from my nose, i think it would still be okay, cos the blackheads were already sitting there on top of the nose...i think it's just men, like women would do anything to make themselves pretty, even if it's painful, but men wouldn't haha!!

hehe that's how we do it normally too, but with the Skinmiso mask, after the first step, all the dirty stuff actually came gushing out to the top of the skin that i could see it with my bare eyes!!! like if i extracted the blackheads from my nose, i think it would still be okay, cos the blackheads were already sitting there on top of the nose...i think it's just men, like women would do anything to make themselves pretty, even if it's painful, but men wouldn't haha!!
:D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

yeah, they don't pay attention to that stuff unless they are trying to get a date!! lol

I really like the Illi fresh moisturizer I got in Memebox 11. It's very light, so it's good for summer and it has a really nice citrus scent. I believe Illi is an Amore Pacific brand.

That Dr. Jart V7 Eye Serum does nothing for me... I dont see any results.. anyone else??

Here are a few reviews of products I really enjoyed and really didn't get on with ( I do have very sensitive skin, so keep that in mind):

The best:

Iope bio conditioning essence- made by skin super smooth and hydrated. Its honestly a good skin day in a bottle. 

Zivon plus scrub oriental - amazing scrub, its really fine so is not abrasive. Moisturising at the same time, smells amazing and even bubbles up when you use it in the shower. 

Botanical hill boh radiant ampoule essence (cream)- amazing cream essence, provides perfect even base for make up without silicone. makes skin soft and smooth. 

Hanskin bb ampoule- does not react with my skin, glides on smoothly without clinging on to any dry patches. Long wearing and does not make my skin oily. 

Puerederm exfoliating foot mask- really really works. made my feet peel like crazy for a week but now Im left with baby smooth feet. 

Derma b lotion- amazing for your skin, leaves skin super soft and smells amazing. This lotion converted me into moisturising my body because its so nice. 

The worst:

Goodal repair essential oil- made me break out like crazy, caused an allergic reaction on my skin where my skin felt like it was burning. Did nothing for my hair either except made it feel really greasy even after washing. 

Heartface ultra care sleeping pack- made my skin inflamed and itchy, had to wash off after 10 seconds due to burning sensation. 

Miguahara bp cream and verikos ultra matte primer- Whilst temporary effects of silicone filling in my pores were amazing, after a few days my face started to break out like crazy. I guess Im not meant to use silicone based primers. 

Tonymoly delight lip stain- dried out my lips so badly that I thought they were going to crack. Im surprised no one has mentioned this before. 

Illi fresh moisture body lotion- really drying lotion, the smell of lemon is really really strong. 

That Dr. Jart V7 Eye Serum does nothing for me... I dont see any results.. anyone else??
I am not sure what results I should be seeing!!  It keeps my skin hydrated under the eyes, but so far, nothing different.  I guess it takes time?

Tonymoly delight lip stain- dried out my lips so badly that I thought they were going to crack. Im surprised no one has mentioned this before.
I have a tonymoly lip product from luckybox 5 - it is a stain too. It doesn't dry out my lips and my lips are in pretty good condition, but oh boy - the other day, I looked at my reflection after wearing it an hour or so, and the inner part of my lip was stained, my lip line was stained and the rest had kinda rubbed off!! I was horrified. Perhaps this is why it is good for that gradient lip look and I shouldn't apply it to cover my lips, but just the inner part only.

i dont believe eye creams do anything...  :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  reading all night for an exam and the v7 does nothing. I tried it on dry skin patches instead since it has vitamins. better than nothing I guess... 

Back