Mia Tyler Opens Up About Her Engagement

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
mia_tyler2_320.jpg
mia_tyler3_180.jpg

After getting engaged last month, Mia Tyler says her family immediately embraced her new fiancé – literally.

"We went over to my dad's hotel to show off the ring," Tyler, 28, tells PEOPLE of her engagement to guitarist Brian Harrah. "He grabbed Brian and hugged him, and was like, 'Good job, son.' My dad absolutely loves him."

Her dad, of course, is Aerosmith frontman Steven Tyler.

Describing how Harrah, 31, popped the question to her, Tyler says: "[We] were just laying in bed and he stood over me and said, 'I want to spend the rest of my life with you.'"

Mia Tyler with Brian Harrah

But that was just their unofficial engagement. It wasn't until the following month that Harrah (who made sure to first ask permission from his father-in-law-to-be) surprised Tyler with an antique diamond ring.

"He had it in the box and got down on one knee," says Tyler, who first announced her engagement on her MySpace page. "It was playful. He's by far the greatest guy I've ever been with."

Tyler, who split from her husband of nearly two years, Papa Roach drummer Dave Buckner, in 2005, and Harrah, who has also been married once before, are planning a wedding for next fall – with half-sister Liv Tyler and her 3-year-old son, Milo, in the wedding party. "I'm hoping Milo can do the ring-bearing," says Mia Tyler.

Although the model, who is currently writing a book about her life, is now checking out possible nuptial venues, she's much more focused on another wedding detail, confiding: "I want to blow all my money on the dress!"

it's a gorgeous ring! I've never heard of her before, I didn't know liv tyler had any brothers or sisters, never mind step siblings. Congrats to mia, anyway

Latest posts

Back