MicaBeauty Gel Eyeliner

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dalylah

Lacquer Lackey
Reaction score
As part of Ipsy's bag for February members received MicaBeauty Gel Eyeliner. Did you get this or already own it? What did you think of it?

"Define eyes and apply eyeliner like a pro with the MicaBeauty Gel Eyeliner! This smooth, highly pigmented gel eyeliner glides over the lid evenly and dries quickly for a long-wearing, smudge-proof finish. Comes in 5 other highly pigmented shades."

~Quoted from Ipsy

I'm going to test it out tomorrow. I've heard good things about it, so I'm excited about giving it a shot. 

I've used it for two days now...love it! It goes on super smooth and dark, it's easy to use, and lasts all day until I remove it. I am really happy with this liner...I wish it were a little cheaper so I could buy the purple, blue, and green. I like it much better than the other two gel liners I have...it'll be replacing my Cailyn I've been using for a while now.

The texture is really smooth and creamy and it goes on very smooth. I had a similar product by Maybelline that I had been using as my go to eyeliner, since I like a dark strong line and liquid liners were not doing it for me, but this MicaBeauty liner is a couple steps up. I am so happy I got this in my Glam Bag as I have definitely added it to my "use often" collection.

I really like it a lot! I never used gel eyeliner before and I learned one thing; you need a lot of patience. I like applying a very dramatic eyeliner so it takes a while to apply, guess I just need practice.

I won't be using mine at this time. I did notice it's actually contains less product than Cailyn.

MicaBeauty Cailyn J.Cat E.L.F.
$35 $21 $5.49 $3
0.18 oz / 5 gr 0.98 oz / 28 g 0.09 oz / 2.5 g 0.17 oz / 4.7 g
$175 for 0.90 oz $21 for 0.98 oz $60.39 for 0.99 oz $18 for 1.02 oz

Personally, I would never buy MicaBeauty (aka MicaBella) for two reasons - price and amount of product you get for that price. I'm sorry but it's not worth $35 for basically twice the amount of J.Cat! I wish NYX made a gel liner but they don't and I'm not fond of E.L.F's gel liners (I have one in teal) but many people love E.L.F so the best value I think is the ELF liner when compared to Cailyn.

0.17 oz x 6 = 1.02 oz

6 x $3 = $18.

IF I did the math right it takes almost 11 jars of J.Cat to equal the product amount which over time adds up to over $60.

0.09 oz x 11 = 0.99 oz

11 x $5.49 = $60.39

MicaBeauty/MicaBella is the worse since it takes over five jars to come close to Cailyn.

0.18 oz x 5 = 0.98 oz

5 x $35 = $175

That's $175 of MicaBeauty to equal that of Cailyn! And there is absolutely NOTHING special about MicaBeauty's gel eyeliner other than it's WAY OVERPRICED.

I have alot of their pigments and I really like em. Maybe I'll try the gel liner.

Not sure if these are new (I did not see them on the NYX site but they were at 2 different local Ultas.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I won't be using mine at this time. I did notice it's actually contains less product than Cailyn.

MicaBeauty Cailyn J.Cat E.L.F.
$35 $21 $5.49 $3
0.18 oz / 5 gr 0.98 oz / 28 g 0.09 oz / 2.5 g 0.17 oz / 4.7 g
$175 for 0.90 oz $21 for 0.98 oz $60.39 for 0.99 oz $18 for 1.02 oz

Personally, I would never buy MicaBeauty (aka MicaBella) for two reasons - price and amount of product you get for that price. I'm sorry but it's not worth $35 for basically twice the amount of J.Cat! I wish NYX made a gel liner but they don't and I'm not fond of E.L.F's gel liners (I have one in teal) but many people love E.L.F so the best value I think is the ELF liner when compared to Cailyn.

0.17 oz x 6 = 1.02 oz

6 x $3 = $18.

IF I did the math right it takes almost 11 jars of J.Cat to equal the product amount which over time adds up to over $60.

0.09 oz x 11 = 0.99 oz

11 x $5.49 = $60.39

MicaBeauty/MicaBella is the worse since it takes over five jars to come close to Cailyn.

0.18 oz x 5 = 0.98 oz

5 x $35 = $175

That's $175 of MicaBeauty to equal that of Cailyn! And there is absolutely NOTHING special about MicaBeauty's gel eyeliner other than it's WAY OVERPRICED.

I tried all four of the products and hands down MicaBeauty is the best!! All the other brands dried up after a few uses and was not smooth for application. You pay for what you get. 

Latest posts

Back