Milk blush stick

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have the milk makeup blush stick however the round part of it broke off even tho I had used it only once before and then when I opened it next it was broken idk what to do with it because now I can’t apply it directly like a stick because the metal part scrapes against the skin. What do I do?

I have the milk makeup blush stick however the round part of it broke off even tho I had used it only once before and then when I opened it next it was broken idk what to do with it because now I can’t apply it directly like a stick because the metal part scrapes against the skin. What do I do?

Here's an option with some pics. It won't be the exact product, but you'll get the idea...

First off with any creme products, in this case, your broken top of the blush stick, using a spatula, you can decant them into empty palette pots, vials, or pans... You can also dig out the rest of the blush from the stick and decant that as well.

Make sure you gently and carefully press the product into the vial, pot, pan, well that you're going to use.

IMG_4012.jpg

IMG_8156.jpg

Yes, MAC does sell these palettes empty, so you can fill these wells with any colour you want.

If you want your decanted blush palette to have a "factory look" like this MAC lip palette, place your palette in the microwave and heat it for 15 to 20 seconds max. Do NOT over heat!

IMG_5970.jpg

Okay, now you can use either a stipple (fibre optic brush), the white-tipped bristle brushes...

IMG_3748.jpg

Or you can use a sponge to apply your blush, or you can use your fingers. So your palette will look like the Kjaer Weis blush palette pictured below when you use it.

IMG_6136.jpg

Anyway, hope this option helps!

Last edited:
There are a few options you could try to salvage your Milk Makeup Blush Stick:

1. Repress it: You may be able to gently warm and re-melt the remaining blush product and pour it into an empty, clean cream blush container or compact. Then let it fully cool and harden into its new home. This would give you a solid base to use it from again.
  2. Use a brush or sponge: Since the stick itself broke but you still have the product, dip a clean makeup brush or beauty sponge into the compact and apply the blush to your cheeks that way. This gives you more control and avoids scraping your skin with the broken metal component.
  3. Contact the company: You could reach out to Milk Makeup customer service about the issue, especially since this broke after just one use. They may be willing to replace the defective product if it should not have broken so quickly under normal use. Provide proof of purchase.
  4. Scrape and dab: If nothing else works, carefully scrape a little blush product onto your finger or the back of your hand, then gently dab and blend onto the apples of your cheeks. It's more effort but lets you use up the product.

Back