Mineral eyeliners

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like Visine with the mineral shadows when using them as a liner to help them "stick" but I don't gravitate to the loose shadows too often as it's more time consuming. I'm another fluidline lover.

I really like using Lauress pearl liner in storm. The perfect color for smoky look. I use a wet thicker brush and apply to top lash line and stays fine for me

Based on a review of Janes Mineral cream liners on the Makeup forum on this site I purchased a couple from Walgreens and can recommend them. They do dry a little faster than fluidlines but they go on equally smooth and so far are smudge free. 5gms for $5

I have never used mineral eye liners as I find it difficult to apply & am scared of it smudging. But I have to try mixing it with visine & see if I can do better.

I use only mineral eyeshadows or liners to line my eyes. I used to use eyeliner pencils but since switching to mineral makeup I only use mineral liners.

I only use loose minerals on my eyes, too. It would be SO MUCH WORK to get a pencil or fluid liner to do what I can get my minerals to do - I like my liner pushed right into my lashline (I heart my chisel-tipped push brush!) and then feathered out into my lid color (I'll actually foil a tapered line of liner color across my upper eyelid to give it some really bold emphasis). I also like using crazy colors for my liners - I got some super sparkly ones from SheSpace that look really badass, and Meow's Neurotic is smoking as a liner, too!

As for "fallout" - I just brush it away with my fingers. Not that big of a deal.

Originally Posted by Stellaria /img/forum/go_quote.gif I only use loose minerals on my eyes, too. It would be SO MUCH WORK to get a pencil or fluid liner to do what I can get my minerals to do - I like my liner pushed right into my lashline (I heart my chisel-tipped push brush!) and then feathered out into my lid color (I'll actually foil a tapered line of liner color across my upper eyelid to give it some really bold emphasis). I also like using crazy colors for my liners - I got some super sparkly ones from SheSpace that look really badass, and Meow's Neurotic is smoking as a liner, too!
As for "fallout" - I just brush it away with my fingers. Not that big of a deal.

Looking at their site recently and out of curiosity which colors did you order and how do they adhere with the sparkles. I'd love to order a few myself.

Originally Posted by savvywoman /img/forum/go_quote.gif I have never used mineral eye liners as I find it difficult to apply & am scared of it smudging. But I have to try mixing it with visine & see if I can do better. Every time i have tried to use mineral e/s as a liner,they have smudged onto my upper eyelids. And BTW,they are not escpesially heavy.I would love to find the recipe for Kitchys mixing medium, anyone who knows where to find it?

I agree with you leylani about the smudging of mineral liners. I have the same problem with them. I don't know Kitchy' recipe for a mixing medium but here's one

1 part glycerine

3 parts distilled water

Shake well and make just a small amount at a time so it doesn't go bad.

Got this from a Youtube makeup artist and it works great.

Originally Posted by CDazz /img/forum/go_quote.gif I agree with you leylani about the smudging of mineral liners. I have the same problem with them. I don't know Kitchy' recipe for a mixing medium but here's one1 part glycerine

3 parts distilled water

Shake well and make just a small amount at a time so it doesn't go bad.

Got this from a Youtube makeup artist and it works great.

HI CDAZZ, what is this mixing for? Does it act as a sealant for the eyes. Lately I am playing with my mineral eyeshadows. I used it wet but than its smudges above my eye lids..very frustrating and I find it hard to just clean it away with water. I almost spoilt my makeup when I was going out yesterday, luckily i managed to save the situation. hahahaha.
Just one question when applying these mineral eyeshadows wet can it be only used as a eye liner or all over the eye lid?

TIA

Emma

Hi Emmy,

Not CDazz but the medium that she's describing can be used to make a mineral liner into a liquid liner that will not smudge and will have more intensity in color. Milan's gelle drops do the same thing and they're cheap in price and last a very long time.

You can also use just plain water to apply your eyeshadow. I do for evenings or lid colors because it makes the color more intense and they don't smudge or fade.

I'll post a link to a few tutorials for you.

YouTube - How to Foil and Blend Pigments

Here below she uses simple eyedrops which work for eyelining the eyes and foiling but distilled or plain drinking water works too. Eyedrops work better. The advantage of Milan's gelle drops is the thicker consistency.

YouTube - Foiling and Wet Lining Basics

How to apply foundation wet using your brush and water in a spray bottle

YouTube - Make it WET: How to apply your mineral foundation wet!!

Originally Posted by Yola /img/forum/go_quote.gif I like Visine with the mineral shadows when using them as a liner to help them "stick" but I don't gravitate to the loose shadows too often as it's more time consuming. I'm another fluidline lover.
iagree.gif
I agree, and use the Visine or store brand eye drops. Works great - it makes a great consistency and the staying power is fantastic. It doesn't irritate my eyes either.

CooCoo

Back