Mineral Makeup for Black Skin

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm on a search for mineral makeup for my skin as well. I'm considering crushgroovecosmetics or MilanMinerals. Please report back when you find the one that works for you

earthen glow minerals!!!

huge rant of colors!!!

I think the owner is woman of color and the CS is terific!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm in a similar position. I've orderd my EDM sample. I choose from the olive line. I hope they match. If they don't, I'll keep ordering samples until I get the right combination
smile.gif

Originally Posted by annieup /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm on a search for mineral makeup for my skin as well. I'm considering crushgroovecosmetics or MilanMinerals. Please report back when you find the one that works for you Definitely try www.egminerals.

EGMINERALS for sure. If they don't have it email them and they probably do have it cause that happened to me and I've got 2 dead on matches from them in full sizes. Love them.

Try Pur Minerals. The company is based from Atlanta Georgia so they sell a lot of make-up for darker women. They have really focused on making colors for women of color. They also have a great medium dark shade that is excellent for women with a lot of yellow in their skin. It's infused with shea butter and vitamin E and has the coverage of Mac, but is really matte and beautiful. It's sold at Ulta Beauty stores, ShopNBC, HSN and at a counter in Dillards department stores.

Basically, try mineral foundations with a lower level of Mica. The mica is that shimmer in some of the mineral make-up's and it makes darker women look awful! It casts a gray purple sheen on their skin in the light. (check some bare minerals ladies b/c a lot of them have that problem) Check it out though, they have perfected some darker colors because they sell a lot to women of color where they are located.

Just saw this posted on a nother board .... Blacminerals.com - samples are $1.95 + free shipping.

pur minerals. eyeshadows and powders are very good bare minerals im not sure i have try them and it just don't work but everyone is different so just give it a shot and see for your self.

I recently tried Milan Minerals and it makes me look gorgeous! When I go out everyone is complimenting me on how beautiful I am. I am quite darkskin and it blends in with my skin color just fine. I don't even use a brush, I just use my hand

Take a look at Bareface Mineral Cosmetics. This brand caters to women of color and their products are gorgeous. I ordered samples from them just this week. I am dark with high yellow tones and ordered several shades in that range. I saw some beautiful deep dark shades that are formulated to avoid the ashy look that darker skin tones can get from certain pigments.

I hope this helped, and you will have a blast on their website! Probably one of the better websites I've seen, now I hope the products are as good as they look..and as good as they say they are.

Kat

Hey there! Try going to ValanaMinerals.com They have a great selections of MM for ethnic skin tones. Hope this can help.

If you really want coverage and a beautiful custom perfect color you seriously should try EGMinerals.

Originally Posted by newyorlatin /img/forum/go_quote.gif If you really want coverage and a beautiful custom perfect color you seriously should try EGMinerals. Hello Newyorlatin, if you still visit this site can you tell me what shade & undertone of mmu foundation you wear in EGMinerals? (if you sill wear this brand). I am close to your complexion (or the lady in your avatar) and trying to get more samples from them.
I'm going to try to upload my pic on hear soon...once I feel my way around this site better....that should help for recommendations when needed. I currently wear BE medium golden g2 matt.

You may also want to check out: Tea Maria Minerals.

They have some olive/dark shades of mmu. I just looked on thier site and there is one that is called: TanAcious and another that is called Suede.

Originally Posted by Mari63 /img/forum/go_quote.gif You may also want to check out: Tea Maria Minerals.They have some olive/dark shades of mmu. I just looked on thier site and there is one that is called: TanAcious and another that is called Suede.

I checked it out but didn't find many color options. I have yellow undertones and it appeared that they have mostly olive undertoned shades.
I do appreciate it though.

Back