Miss England Told To Fatten Up

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it's just trying to give her that hour-glass figure, like she said. It is a nice change, though, instead of forcing people to *lose* weight all the time.

Originally Posted by puncturedskirt /img/forum/go_quote.gif Yeah.. but people either want you to GAIN weight or lose weight. It's like you can't win. Agreed..

Its only because women from Brazil and Caribbean countries usually win and they are more curvaceous.

Even though they told her to gain weight, I don't find it very nice at all. A woman who does not skeletally have the shap for "hourglass" won't ever have it, neither fat nor thin. I also think she's a liar about the working out. She does not look athletic to me, she appears rather 'soft'.

Originally Posted by emily_3383 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Its only because women from Brazil and Caribbean countries usually win and they are more curvaceous. But it's natural for them. All they have to do is stand up straight and they got curves. A non-curvy person cannot compete in the same arena, so they should focus on other things.

I know its natural but what do they care? They want her to win at all costs. They dont care if she can do it or not.

Too thin, too fat- loose weight, gain, every time they ask something stupid.

She looks good without gaining or loosing. Especially I hate when for models who already anorexic designers say to loose weight!
tocktock.gif

Originally Posted by puncturedskirt /img/forum/go_quote.gif Yeah.. but people either want you to GAIN weight or lose weight. It's like you can't win. I agree, it's a lose, lose situation.

I find it kind of offensive as I'm 5'8 and a size 4/6. She probably wont get the curves they want her to get because of her frame. They need to stop trying to make everyone look exactly the same. Some people just don't have those curves
eusa_wall.gif

Wow... I mean, it's not like she's a stick or anything... I'd be hurt if I were her too, but I do agree with Miss England, and would've been even more offended if told to lose weight.

Originally Posted by Nox /img/forum/go_quote.gif But it's natural for them. All they have to do is stand up straight and they got curves. A non-curvy person cannot compete in the same arena, so they should focus on other things. well, it is a beauty pageant and as such subject to the interpretation of the judges.

I think she looks great the way she is! Why did she get chosen for miss England if they don't like the way she looks?

She looks fine in my opinion. Some people aren't meant to be curvy, just as some people are not meant to be skinny.

Originally Posted by puncturedskirt /img/forum/go_quote.gif Yeah.. but people either want you to GAIN weight or lose weight. It's like you can't win. This is true. I think she has a beautiful body in this picture.

Originally Posted by emily_3383 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Its only because women from Brazil and Caribbean countries usually win and they are more curvaceous. Well of course, they got more butt and boobs.

Latest posts

Back