MMU Virgin

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also just purchased my first mmu sample kit from AN and I can't wait to try it!! I have the EOB kabuki brush, but I'm wondering on if I should invest in a flat top brush. I'm honestly not familiar with flat top brushes to know which one will make a good one.

Originally Posted by PhantomGoddess /img/forum/go_quote.gif I also just purchased my first mmu sample kit from AN and I can't wait to try it!! I have the EOB kabuki brush, but I'm wondering on if I should invest in a flat top brush. I'm honestly not familiar with flat top brushes to know which one will make a good one. Look at the SYNTHETIC flat tops from AN or Forever Female. They are the best type (IMO). Make sure it's the SYNTHETIC one. Some people get irritation from naturals. Naturals use more minerals too (they grab alot more).
The flat tops from AN and FF are a great size and the softness is fabulous. The flat tops give the best coverage.

Kabukis are fine. You will use a bit more minerals with a kabuki.

Originally Posted by PhantomGoddess /img/forum/go_quote.gif I also just purchased my first mmu sample kit from AN and I can't wait to try it!! I have the EOB kabuki brush, but I'm wondering on if I should invest in a flat top brush. I'm honestly not familiar with flat top brushes to know which one will make a good one. Sounds like you're good to go. If you like your coverage with a kabuki, then just use that. I use a badger flat top. I like how it is more dense. I have the BE kabuki and I use that for my finishing powder. My sister has a Smashbox kabuki that is awesome. She takes care of her foundation with one passover. I can't help you with the EOB brush, I only have some of their shadow brushes. It's so much trial and error what you personally like. I have at 7-8 foundation brushes. I always go back to my badger flat top. It is a teenie bit scratchy, but I prefer it over the synthetics that I have. If you have some spare cash
add_wegbrech.gif
, then you may want to try other brushes. You may want to read thru the official brush sticky on this board and get some recs for a flat top.

I'll probably use AN too.. I like their cute little starter kits you can buy. I dont have any money at the moment (stupid work cutting my shifts down to 6 hours a week!) but when I do, I am going to see about getting some samples
smile.gif

One of the best reasons to try mmu is the price. My tub of Meow will probably last about 2 years. My Clinique foundation would last about 6-7 months. With traditional foundation, I wouldn't wear it on the weekend. With mmu, I do because it's a much better feel.

My fave MMU brands are Urban Decay and EDM, but I haven't tried that many compared to some people here. There are so many to sample from nowadays!

In terms of brush, invest in a good kabuki that will give you the most coverage with the minimum amount of powder. I personally like MAC 182.

I was a MMU virgin too, until I tried Everyday Minerals. Now I'm addicted! :) EDM have a free sample kit (just pay for shipping) in which you can choose 3 foundations, 1 blushes or face color, and 1 concealer. And there is no limit on how many you can order, which is a plus.

For mineral makeup, a brush is a huge factor in how your mineral makeup will look. Opt for the a very soft brush, especially if you have sensitive/dry skin. A bad quality/rough brush will cause flaking, and make your mineral makeup look terrible. Many people use a kabuki brush for their MMU, but that doesn't mean you have to. Everyday Minerals have these flocked sponges that work SO well for applying MMU.

Many MMU sites offer free samples. Just explore and find your match, because MMU can be different for everyone. :)

Back