More about shadesticks...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just bought a Smashbox eyeshadow trio in plum shades. I have been thinking I could use a MAC shadestick as a base/highlighter along with these e/s. Which colour do you suggest I use?

The e/s trio is called "Camera Ready", I believe, and there is a beige wash shade, a lighter and a darker plum in it. I was thinking either Beige-ing or Shimmersand for the shadestick. What do you think?

beige-ing is a lovely colour, i bought it a couple of days ago and I love it. I've used it with a range of pigments and shadows, it pretty much goes with any colour eye MU!

I think Beigeing Shadestick will go with any color, but you can also try Bare Canvas Paint. It holds onto color very well.

Yeah, I agree, I also use Bare Canvas Paint from MAC under e/s and pigment and it really does hold it for hours

I love the Base Canvas paint too. I've tested the shadesticks, but they seem too drying for me. My latest paint is Chiaroscuro, and it's my favorite so far - more of a whiteish base color.l

Hmmm... paint, you say? It does look awfully pretty on the website.

Is it easy to apply and blend? Are they discrete?

Yeah they are so simple to apply and because they're quite 'creamy' and soft, they blend well, too. The only problem I had when I first used it was that I squeezed far too much out of tube - I was expecting to need quite a bit for the pigment to adhere to and give maximum colour...the amount I used was more than sufficient for BOTH eyes. So, if you use a paint, I'd suggest you take a tiny amount for each eye.

Whenever I take too much paint, I line my lower lid with it and apply pigment over, just as I would with my top lid...I didn't want to waste mine as I'm on such a tight budget lol!

And with regard to them being discrete, the Bare Canvas colour is extremely discrete, even more so for me as it's pretty much the exact tone as my skin.

Hope that helps :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I too use Beige-ing, though it can sometimes be hard to apply for me. I sometimes use a CCB if the shadestick is being lame.

Thanks a million for the info!

Jesus, my bank account will cry when I leave the MAC counter next weekend... :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back