More addicted to buying than wearing MU?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I go online to Sephora and MAC almost every night and I just stare at all the things I want. Every weekend or so I buy like one or two items. If you limit yourself to knowing what you want and only get that item you will use it. This weekend I bought Clarity e/s for my palette and UD 24/7 liner in the bright blue color I can't recall at this moment. I am wearing both at this moment. I find this helps alot especially when you want to buy 5 eyeshadows at once. I don't know if that would help others but I like the feeling I get every weekend when I get a new tiny treat.

I definitely buy too much... guilty there. Lately I have been using a lot of my stuff, and I haven't bought much at all. I'm kinda proud of myself.

Am I the only one that loves the smell of a MAC store? I always want to go in the place. I dunno if it's just the smell, the lighting or what, I'm just drawn to it.

Yes, I too suffer from this sick disease we call make up addiction lol I too have a large make up collection full of colours I never use, but bought because I thought it was a 'pretty' colour. I am a neutrals queen and wear those the most.

Another one here too that's addicted to online shopping.. I think I might love it more than shopping in person.

I used to be addicted to buying make up and eBay. I am now pretty much free of my addiction, and it happened 'like that'. One month we didn't have enough money to pay a bill because I'd spent too much on make up and my boyfriend went mental. He seriously couldn't believe I'd done it and was almost ready to end the relationship because of it. Over the top? Maybe. But it cured my addiction then and there. I still buy make up but it's probably less than a 5th of what I used to. Plus, I'm actually at a point where I'm feeling pretty happy with what I have and if I feel the urge to buy I'll make sure it's something cheap like a Rimmel Lipstick or something, unless I've really wanted it for ages and easily have enough money.

oh my god!!

i was just telling my friends this second about how i'm going to stop buying stuff that i dont use or need. starting with makeup.

i hardly put any makeup on. at parties or outings occassinally. but i buy n buy. and hardly use half of them.

so yep..am doing the same as in the movie "confessions of a shopaholic". i will ask myself and answer truthfully if i really need it. if not, i'll move on.

Lol me too! I always have to buy makeup, then I store it away afraid tht if I open it, it will get spoiled before I get to use it. I have so much make up open that I never use and I probably have to throw them out soon. I feel bad! Sorry makeup! I have a make up buying addiction :/ wow. My reply is really late lol.

I'm so glad it's not just me. I buy things cos I read all the reviews and blog articles about that item, thinking it looks pretty, but then I hardly use it. I have a whole MAC bag full of products I've bought, deemed too pretty to use so they're still in the box they came in.

I can't stop myself, it's the thrill of buying online, then tracking it right up to the day it arrives!

I have moved two new pieces of furniture into my little cube bathroom in the past 6 months in order to Store all my beauty products. they are wall to wall to wall now. I also have a deep shelf in my Linen closet packed. I have been rotating makeup religiously in order to ensure I use all of it. Problem is I only see every eye shadow pallet...idk.. once a year? I accidentally stumbled into the Subscription box craze and I KNOW I am in trouble now. Make up hoarding and online shopping are my two favorite things! lol. I love getting stuff in the mail. Makes me feel important :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I have been wanting to sign up for at least 12 boxes... but I have limited myself to Ipsy, Birchbox, and Glossybox for now. I go online and look at the boxes I want EVERY day but my budget just won't allow me to subscribe. Ah addictions...

Back