More natural makeup primer?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you are looking for some really good natural makeup and skin care products, check out UltraPureCosmetics.com.

They have amazing mineral makeup without the petrochemicals, as well as some new cleansers that are natural but

have actives that work.

I've been using Monave's Oil Control Humectant and it works great as a 'primer'. 100% natural, high quality ingredients, zero silicone or dimethicone/cyclomethicone. Those are the major ingredients to avoid if you've got problem skin. Anything with silicone/dimethicone/cyclomethicone in it destroys my skin. Monave's customer service is also excellent, which is really important when dealing with online companies. They're website is at monave.com  They also have a lot of other products which are really good, including their Rose Daily Moisturizer, Liquid Matte and Moisture Mousse 'liquid' foundations - more like cream or mousse products and are in a base of natural oils which are great for your skin - as well as mineral foundation and councealer, eye shadows, lip glosses, natural skin care products like cleansers, etc. I love the company and their products!

Originally Posted by helenwlsn5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hey aloe vera gel really works.. You can try it out.

Hi how does it work, do you apply it straight or mix it with a moisturiser...Is it good for oily skin?  Thanks!!!!

I would just try to get any natural or organic aloe vera gel..

Originally Posted by toxzic /img/forum/go_quote.gif

which brand of aloe veralgel or liquid did you use?? =) ty

Originally Posted by emmy2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hi how does it work, do you apply it straight or mix it with a moisturizer...Is it good for oily skin?  Thanks!!!!
When I use aloe vera gel as a primer, I use it straight. I harvest it from my own plant and keep the gel in the fridge for no longer than a week. A lot of gels you can buy at the grocery store have so much additional crap in them, but the pure stuff works great on my oily skin! It's very light, but I have heard of some people breaking out from aloe. I actually have very temperamental skin and always go back to using aloe because it tends to calm my skin when it misbehaves.

The only reason I don't use it as all the time is because I'm a total product junkie and can't help but mix things up.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

How do you make the plant into a gel or is the gel like inside the plant itself? Sorry I've never really seen aloe in person

Originally Posted by delysia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

When I use aloe vera gel as a primer, I use it straight. I harvest it from my own plant and keep the gel in the fridge for no longer than a week. A lot of gels you can buy at the grocery store have so much additional crap in them, but the pure stuff works great on my oily skin! It's very light, but I have heard of some people breaking out from aloe. I actually have very temperamental skin and always go back to using aloe because it tends to calm my skin when it misbehaves.

The only reason I don't use it as all the time is because I'm a total product junkie and can't help but mix things up.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

There is also Fyrinnae's face primer, which I forgot to mention. It's base is aloe gel. It also has silica in it as its second ingredient, which helps sop up oil. It has a total of only 6 ingredients. I bought it for about $7. It comes in a 1 oz squeeze tube and lasts a long time. Keep in mind that all aloe is not equal, specifically prepacked stuff. Best to look for 'raw' aloe in the bottle - which would be refrigerated in a natural foods & supplements store, or even check your local Asian grocery stores for massive leaves of them for a very low price. Aloe is traditionally used for the hair to darken it up and make it more healthy. I used to see most of the women in villages buying it at their local outdoor markets or growing the massive plants in their yards. When I asked what they used it for, they said to prevent grey hair, make the hair stronger, longer & more shiny. They thought it was quite amusing when I told them that in western countries, we use aloe on the skin, for first aid, and internally for things like ulcers, intestinal problems, etc. Regarding paragons being found in the breast tissue of women, I suggest people do more research before believing everything they hear. I've been making natural products for approximately 20 or so years. Yet I would still choose parabens to preserve my products over the garbage companies are now using and is WORSE than parabens. It's called phenoxyethanol and has been banned in some countries. Yet if you look in most 'paraben free' products in the US & Canada, you will see phenoxyethanol on the ingredients label. In addition, parabens are found in the majority of packaged foods we eat. They also naturally occur in fresh fruits and other foods such as blueberries and many others. We put much more foods into our body in a lifetime than we apply makeup to our faces. So it stands to reason that those parabens in breast tissue are primarily from the foods we eat. It always shocks me when people don't think of such things as 'So what are they going to replace the parabens with, then? Will it be WORSE than the parabens?' I now tend to avoid all brands which claim to be 'paraben free' as I know they are just one of thousands which have followed the hype like sheep, and for marketing purposes only. They have all the info on these ingredients readily available to them, which the average uneducated consumer does not, yet they still knowingly choose to use ingredients in their products which they are aware have been banned in other countries. Companies such as these are why we as consumers still need to do our own careful research and not just follow along like sheeple.

Originally Posted by mszJessica /img/forum/go_quote.gif

How do you make the plant into a gel or is the gel like inside the plant itself? Sorry I've never really seen aloe in person

It's a pretty cool plant! You basically fillet the mature leaves, separating the gel from the green part:

There's plenty of tutorials on youtube if you want to diy. Otherwise, follow satojoko's advice and look for it raw and refrigerated at a natural grocery store.
flowers.gif

Thank you! That's so cool, I'm gunna look that up and show my mom :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by delysia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's a pretty cool plant! You basically fillet the mature leaves, separating the gel from the green part:

There's plenty of tutorials on youtube if you want to diy. Otherwise, follow satojoko's advice and look for it raw and refrigerated at a natural grocery store.
flowers.gif

Ive been using pur minerals face primer for years but ive never looked deep into the ingredients so i am def. going to be doing that! ill have to try the aloe gel, that sounds like a good idea!

I hate the feel of aloe on my skin...so sticky and the stickiness doesnt seem to go away. 

I just found this guys website and products and the ingredients are all natural in his primer this is the only one that I ve found  so far and its vegan maybe a lil pricey but  most all natural products are especially from famous makeup artist here is the link to his website http://www.christopherdrummond.com/ hope this helps you I m going to try the product.

Back