Most common phrases used by all of us

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't really have phrases, but I say "essentially" before lots of my sentences.

Originally Posted by Karren_Hutton /img/forum/go_quote.gif "Go ask someone who gives a shit" Or pointing to a map.... "See that island.... that's where people live that actually give a shit....."
smile.gif
Do you constantly carry around a map so that you can use this line?

"Ya know?" -- normally said after a statement that they, more than likely, know.

"Really, now?" -- yes...really. That's why I said it!

"I tell you what!" -- oh, that's it...no more. More of a southern thing

"Are you kidding me?" -- normally, they aren't.

"Right!" can be replaced with "Exactly!"

"Good Lord!" -- yes, he is good...what's He got to do with this situation?

Those are the ones I say the most and realize it...might add more later!

I am crackin' up!!!! I said this a few minutes ago and use it al lot--was watching Dancing With the Stars: What the H-ll are they doing? and my son in law's when he saw Julianne: Spoken with awe: Is she for real?????

how bout

Just go around the corner your car aint gona tip over!... hey a lot of that where i am cant beleave how some people here acualy stop and creep arounnd corners in therr Jaguars...Aston Martins....unbeleavable!!

omg I say that a lot too. Or 'just go around that roundabout buddy, it's not an obstacle course!'

hmm, given my french genes, when french people have something to complain about, they will use a few catching and not so polite words ....
eusa_whistle.gif

"f*ck" : most commonly used, especially when i bang in something or forgot smthg.

"sh*t, that sucks" : can follow the previous statement, or when someone is telling me a story i half listen to.

"that's not wrong" : got it from a friend which is kind of her signature. you look like you agree but in reality you still criticize what you have just been told. allows you to finish the conversation when someone thought he/she was done talking.

"okay" : no need of an explanation
biggrin.gif

"assh*le" : every person who doesn't respect the basic rules of driving, i yell *******. good for the nerves.

"Guizmie, down !" directed to my cat when she visits the kitchen table and looks for some food to steal.

"you're so cute" : also directed to my cat

"kiddo/nasty brat" : directed to my brother. yes, when he will be 40, i will still call him that.

"this was an awkward silence" (we say something like "an angel has come and gone", or "well, we could hear a fly passing around") : whenever the conversation ends and nobody answers, or when you feel particularly lonely in a particular event of your day.

OMFG, STFU, GTFO - said by me irl, when i'm peeved.

pinksugar: I also say, "that's not good" for the same reason...when i'm only kinda listening to someone...

Its okay, don't worry - said by my daughter whenever an accident happens whether done by me or my hubby.

I say:

"That's just ridiculous."

"I know, right?"

"I hear that." - In agreement.

"Bullsh*t."

"Do what now?" - If I didn't hear something completely.

whenever something falls on the floor and breaks, mom and i, after years of screaming in frustration, just say "well, at least, it can't go lower".

Back