Most "natural" lighting options for makeup application?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does anyone have any tips for makeup lighting that looks more like natural light? I get ready early in the AM before work, so natural light is NOT an option. 

My makeup always looks fine indoors... but I just realized how bad it looks today in natural light through my window at work. Went in the bathroom to try to 'fix' it somehow but again, it looks fine in there! I'm not sure if the issue is the products or application (i've been experimenting with some new things). But ultimately, i just wish there was some way I could have indoor lighting that looked as close to natural light as possible so I wouldn't find out later in the day (when it's already too late) how bad my face looks.  (At least my eye makeup looks good both ways? =) 

Help? 

It's more like it's patchy and not blended as well as it should be. It might be the new foundation (eco bella flowercolor liquid) I'm trying's fault. But I just wish I could have seen it before i left the house. 

I'd also be nice to be able to see colors better for when switching seasons. I probably wore my summer color longer than I should have. 

Maybe it is the tool you are using. Have you tried changing how you apply your foundation? I know a lot of people who are great with makeup, some swear by brushes, some by sponges, some by fingers. They are all right because it is whatever works best for you.

If you are seeing noticeable color patches then it sounds like your foundation may not match properly to begin with. If your color is in a transition between summer and winter maybe mix your two foundation to achieve the medium hue.

It's more like it's patchy and not blended as well as it should be. It might be the new foundation (eco bella flowercolor liquid) I'm trying's fault. But I just wish I could have seen it before i left the house.  I'd also be nice to be able to see colors better for when switching seasons. I probably wore my summer color longer than I should have. 
You need to get daylight corrected lightbulbs where you do your make-up. For example your bathroom or spare room. HomeDepot, and Rona are the best stores to find daylight corrected bulbs, tubes and rings that already fit in your existing fixtures. (This is where the film industry get's their tubes for the Make-up trailers and portable mirrors). Also their sales people will answer all your questions in this matter in terms of location, style, type and size of bulb/tube and colour temperature. I use 2 7w CFL bulbs at 5000 K in my bathroom. The one bulb is too minimize shadow casting. The lighting in my living space is around 2700 K using a total of 4 7w CFL bulbs. My kitchen I use 1 9w bulb at 3000 K.

Latest posts

Back