Much needed prom assistance

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My school's prom is April 20th & I'm so excited. I want my dress to be yellow, not like a highlighter yellow though.    Can anyone help me with these questions:
  1. What type of dress should I get? (I'm 5'4", small, light skinned African American. I want to enhance/make my boobs & butt look bigger. I'm blessed in the leg department so no need for making them look any longer for me.)
  2. Does anyone have any suggestions on makeup?? (I'm not big on makeup so I guess I wanna go for a more natural look)
  3. Any cheap fast ways to get rid of acne marks? ( I've been using Differin Gel & Clindamycin Phosphate topical lotion for about a year & they seem to be fading, but I want to get rid of them faster if possible.)
  4. Do nail strips actually work? (I'm doing prom on a budget like most of my classmates & think it would be a cheaper option than going to the salon.)
  5. What product(s) are good for keeping edges straight??

I know it's a lot of questions but I'd really appreciate any help :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> All other suggestions are welcomed!!

1. Maybe a dress like this. It's classy while still looking young and fresh, accents the chest area and gives a little poof to the tooshie.

2. For makeup I would go with mostly neutral eyes in warm browns and then go over the lid with a bit of sparkly gold or yellow shiny loose pigment. It would bring some pop to your eyes.

3. For acne marks, make sure you wear primer under your makeup, e.l.f. has some mineral primer for cheap at Target. Make sure to wear a full coverage foundation that is matched for you along with a nice  concealer. These three things can probably completely cover any acne marks.

4. Nails strips are ok but if you are nervous when using them there is a big margin for error. I recommend just painting them with a pale yellow (shown below) or a nice french manicure that you can do yourself or go to the local salon to get done. Something like this:

Revlon Colorstay Polish in Buttercup can be found in most drugstores.

5. You mean nail edges?

Latest posts

Back