My Before & After Haircut :) [Pic Heavy]

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's so hot! I love the lenght it's mature and sexy in a good way.
wink.gif

I like it curly! I noticed someone mentioned getting a razor cut previously --- PLEASE PLEASE dont do it!! It makes curly hair frizz and fro like no one's bizness!! They told us that in beauty school and I chose not to listen cuz alot of times I wear my hair straight too, but WOW it made it frizzy curly or straight! Stick with this cut - you look beautiful!

Yes, stepping up the flat iron would do you alot of good, and you should also use a heat protectant, that aids in straightening, im guessing your bi-racial, so i dont know if you should use products geared towards african american hair or european hair. Your kinda stuck in the middle celly. hmmm. darn.

By the way, by using a heat protectant, a good one is john-friedas heat protectant/frizz-ease serum, you should be less afraid to turn up the heat.

To be honest you look great with both lengths. That's a great job they did on you...you look beautiful. Love the haircut.

Originally Posted by Insensitive. /img/forum/go_quote.gif Yes, stepping up the flat iron would do you alot of good, and you should also use a heat protectant, that aids in straightening, im guessing your bi-racial, so i dont know if you should use products geared towards african american hair or european hair. Your kinda stuck in the middle celly. hmmm. darn.
By the way, by using a heat protectant, a good one is john-friedas heat protectant/frizz-ease serum, you should be less afraid to turn up the heat.

So you think that buying Sedu or something is worth it?It'll be something I'm picking up by the end of the month. I like going to black folk salons because they use those real hot irons that leave my hair all soft and so straight, but $70 each visit is too much. I'm crossing my fingers that a good flat iron will have the same impact.

And I do have both types of hair... very thick ass hair.

Originally Posted by CellyCell /img/forum/go_quote.gif So you think that buying Sedu or something is worth it?It'll be something I'm picking up by the end of the month. I like going to black folk salons because they use those real hot irons that leave my hair all soft and so straight, but $70 each visit is too much. I'm crossing my fingers that a good flat iron will have the same impact.

And I do have both types of hair... very thick ass hair.

lmao!! Yes an african american salon probably would so you better because african americans have such a variety of hair, and they know how to take care of it. Actually i dont think you NEED to go buy a super expensive flat iron, there are some cheaper one that get REALLY hot. But i think the key is getting a heat protectant serum. And patience, piece by piece, and taking your time, its hard but its worth it.

Alright, sounds good... I have like this big ass list of things I'm getting and heat protectant serum is on there. I'm googling right now for a good product... haha, googling.

Thanks, girl
wink.gif

Looks great. I just bought a maxi glide straightening iron since I got all my hair chopped as well. I have not used it yet though. Once I do I will let you know how well it works. I saw it on HSN and it looked amazing but I got mine at Bed Bath and Beyond.

i like your curly hair! but if you want to straighten it try rubbing straightening balm on your hair when its damp then blow-drying and straightening your hair. that's what i do and it makes your hair a lot easier to straighten! turning up the heat on your straightening-irons will help as well. the highest heats are for people with curly, frizzy or thicker hair and the lower heats are for people with thin hair that doesn't need that much straightening. hope i helped!
smile.gif

Back