My BF said it is too short for me .

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if it is the reaches the same length on you.

id say it is kinda short. but not that much.

where's ur job at?

it depends on what you do in your job. Do you do alot of bending over to carry stuff or reaching up to get at stuff or is it mostly sitting? If its mostly sitting then no. I would have worn that dress in my 20's at work in an office. Its cute! I would have worn some black tights and black shoes to go with if the temp is cooler. Is your office full of old people or younger up and coming?

It depends on the nature of your job. Is this retail or an office environment? For retail it might not be too big of a deal, but if you were working in an office I wouldn't wear anything 2-3 inches above the knee. If you're not sure about the dress code, I would go to HR and find out.

The last thing you need is a superior reprimanding you for not following the rules and regulations of what is appropriate and inappropriate at work. In retail that could lead to a write up, or even being sent home.

Originally Posted by reesesilverstar /img/forum/go_quote.gif I think it's to short for work, period. Agreed. Even if you are not bending over you are showing too much leg for work.

I see younger women around work wearing dresses that short all the time and personally if I were younger.. Lol.

LMAO!!!! Karren you're too much!

And you see? That's the point... THAT is the response you generate in men, and women won't appreciate you. Either way, you won't be taken seriously...

I think it depends on whether it's that length on you! I'm pretty short (5'3") and I think if I were to wear that dress it would look way longer on me as compared to on that rather tall model. I mean I can wear tunic style tops as dresses a lot of the time because they COMPLETELY cover my butt.

The pink version looks longer of the 2nd model. I've worn dresses that short in an office in my 20's. Noone was shocked or horrified. I've seen girls in my building wear dresses that length all the time. It's not her first impression that she is trying to make at work. I doubt that 'she won't be taken seriously' would be an issue.

I had every colour of hair on the rainbow and worn some pretty 'attention grabbing' outfits in my time but I am still the 'go-to' person in my unit.

With a pair of flats, it's not that short. I wear dresses about that length, and I'm 5'2"... But I also work at a beautiful garden (office job, with outside perks). I'd check with HR just in case. I made sure to ask my boss before I started pulling out my dresses.

Originally Posted by reesesilverstar /img/forum/go_quote.gif LMAO!!!! Karren you're too much!
And you see? That's the point... THAT is the response you generate in men, and women won't appreciate you. Either way, you won't be taken seriously...

I take anyone wearing a dress seriously! Lol.
biggrin.gif

It depends on how tall you are. On me, that dress would probably come down near my knees. lol.

I wouldn't wear anything that hits any higher than 2-3 inches above the knee to work. But, like the others said, it's best to review your company's dress code/talk to HR if you are unsure.
smile.gif

I agree, if it sits that short it wouldnt be appropriate. It looks like something you would go out it in. If it sits lower I think it's a really pretty outfit for work. If it sits to high you could try teeing with some nice light tights and nice flats and in winter with some nice warm wool stockings and flats or maybe a cute pump, then I would think the length is work appropriate. :]

I think the dress is nice if you think you are showing too much skin why dont you wear pantyhose with them that way there wont be too much "bare skin" is the dress going to black as the one in the pic?

Back