My dog has lost his mind

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This dog is just too smart for hs own good. Or mine. He knows 25 commands, and would definitely learn more if I would teach him, but I've been lazy in that department.

Tried with the food again this morning - still no go.

The most I'll mix in with it is food. I know he's just waiting for me to add something else, like sardine juice and mashed sardines or the broth from the beef stew I made. No way!

sardine juice!!!:icon_eek: :icon_eek:

*****gags******** :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

that dog's stomach must be like iron!!!

:icon_chee

It actually does wonders for his coat!!! I'm going to have to switch to fish oil caplets to maintain it now though :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Alright, I just got back from the vet . . . 327$ later, here's what I know.

Odin has allergies, and a yeast infection in his ear caused by said allergies. His bloodwork won't be back until tomorrow, so that's all I know for now. The vet gave us some ear drops for Odin's ears, but won't prescribe any allergy treatment until the bloodwork comes back.

The vet also agrees that Odin is most likely trying to manipulate us into giving him better food, but he also thinks his allergies could be contributing.

Odin has lost almost 15 pounds, so he's now on a prescription diet to fatten him up. He ate some of this new food just a few minutes ago and so far, he loves it.

All in all, although our pocketbook is suffering for it, things are better. I'm hoping that Odin will keep eating this new kibble, I think he might considering he didn't even touch the old stuff we bought.

Here's hoping his bloodwork comes back fine.

:) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Whew. What an ordeal. Dogs can cost a lot, I know. I wish I had never let my doggie taste cheese or turkey (his favorites), he knows the words and flips out if we accidentally say them. He also knows what drawer in the fridge has each food. If we open it, he could be in another country and probably hear it and start running. He eats his kibble though, he loves it, he would never eat any others I tried. He has never escaped and eaten weird stuff though. My rats do though, they are always putting their noses through the bars in the cage and eating their entire bag of food, and the wrapper. I know, I need to put the bag somewhere else, I just keep forgetting.

I used to have a cat named Shadow that also ate plastic. We had to keep it away from him. But he started doing that as a kitten. So your dog is obviously a little pissed. Animals are alot like children, if they don't get what they want, they have tantrum's!

When dogs eat strange things like that, they are trying to make up for nutrients that are missing from their diet. I am surprised that he didn't eat/chew the books, since they generally go after plants and wood/paper products in that type of situation.

Hope the plastic bags didn't obstruct his intestines.

Hi Kee!

I'm back from vacation and I hope Odin's bloodwork checks out o.k.

I have 2 damn smart cats that work me like a circus pony, and they engage in what I call "protest" behavior a lot, especially regarding their food.

But this was obviously more than just protest, poor baby.

I hope you learn more soon!

Elisabeth

Back