My First Eye Shadow Recipe - it itches a bit!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Princess Powder /img/forum/go_quote.gif Definitely some pretty ones there!
Soap making totally intimidates me :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />!

It really is not scary in the slightest. The key is to research the steps, use a lye calculator, pre-measure and have everything organized so you are not running around looking for your next ingredient. Safety is the key because lye is dangerous but if you know that and take the proper precautions, its all good. The first time is the scariest but it quickly becomes an addiction.

I think I might try melt and pour first! I'm a bit of a scatterbrain right now (pregnant with my 4th).

Then I could play with molds, colorants, sparklies etc. without needing to worry about chemical reactions working out
laughing.gif

Originally Posted by Princess Powder /img/forum/go_quote.gif I think I might try melt and pour first! I'm a bit of a scatterbrain right now (pregnant with my 4th).
Then I could play with molds, colorants, sparklies etc. without needing to worry about chemical reactions working out
laughing.gif

Yeah, just skip to the fun parts - smellies, colours, shapes. If you can buy a cake and just decorate it, then tell everyone you made it, then why not?? My first soap was a liquid soap. Good luck! Congratulations on #4. Do you even have time???

Back