My gray is starting to be a bit depressing.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Monniej, you may have to take it old skool and hot press your hair with a straightening comb when you want to get it down. These ladies may all use the new ceramic irons, put you know I have a hot comb still in my drawer forever!! They have good waxes like Murray's still around if you want to press for that slick look. I wear an updo and a full bang sometimes, so that hot comb does that bang in like 60 seconds...

Originally Posted by SewAmazing /img/forum/go_quote.gif Monniej, you may have to take it old skool and hot press your hair with a straightening comb when you want to get it down. These ladies may all use the new ceramic irons, put you know I have a hot comb still in my drawer forever!! They have good waxes like Murray's still around if you want to press for that slick look. I wear an updo and a full bang sometimes, so that hot comb does that bang in like 60 seconds... girl, you know i still have my hot comb! i thought i was the only one! hahaha you know i'm not afraid of old school by any means, but my hair has been growing like crazy with this no heat, no perm, conditioner only thing. i was thinking about straightening it for my birthday (the big 5.0!) but i still haven't fully decided. in any case, i'm thinking about just letting my gray have it's way. i know these silver patches are going to be hell to try to cover!

Okay, well I don't know much about the hair color you can buy at Sally's and such, but I can inform you about an awesome demipermanent professional line. It is Schwarzkopf Viviance, which is NOT permanent haircolor. I have worked with a lot of different professional haircolor lines, and I must say Viviance is definitely one of my favorites. First off, it will cover grey. I use Viviance on MANY of my clients with gray hair, my mom included. The other cool thing about Viviance is that it is not damaging to your hair, it actually conditions it. And lastly, being that it is a demipermanent the color does slightly fade over time so as your hair grows it does not leave that harsh line of demarcation. It blends much more nicely than a permanent haircolor. If you are interested, I would check out which local salons in your area carry Schwarzkopf color. Good luck
smile.gif

Originally Posted by glmrgrl86 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Okay, well I don't know much about the hair color you can buy at Sally's and such, but I can inform you about an awesome demipermanent professional line. It is Schwarzkopf Viviance, which is NOT permanent haircolor. I have worked with a lot of different professional haircolor lines, and I must say Viviance is definitely one of my favorites. First off, it will cover grey. I use Viviance on MANY of my clients with gray hair, my mom included. The other cool thing about Viviance is that it is not damaging to your hair, it actually conditions it. And lastly, being that it is a demipermanent the color does slightly fade over time so as your hair grows it does not leave that harsh line of demarcation. It blends much more nicely than a permanent haircolor. If you are interested, I would check out which local salons in your area carry Schwarzkopf color. Good luck
smile.gif
thanks for the rec, glmrgrl86! is the viviance professional only?

If it is this much of a problem find a salon that specializes in coloring and tell them your worries. This sounds like a job for a pro!

Co-signing with.....whoever that was that recommended Bigen. I freakin love that stuff! I have had silver since I was 12....12! I didn't really bother me til after I birthed my son, then my silver wanted to get "unruly". I am relaxed, so the thought of doing a permanent color kept me using DarknLovely Reviving colors for eons, but last year I got tired of that ish and I used Bigen. Just used it again yesterday in fact. I will never go without it again! It doesn't dry my hair out and is gentle enough to be used immediately relaxing.

Originally Posted by yourleoqueen /img/forum/go_quote.gif Co-signing with.....whoever that was that recommended Bigen. I freakin love that stuff! I have had silver since I was 12....12! I didn't really bother me til after I birthed my son, then my silver wanted to get "unruly". I am relaxed, so the thought of doing a permanent color kept me using DarknLovely Reviving colors for eons, but last year I got tired of that ish and I used Bigen. Just used it again yesterday in fact. I will never go without it again! It doesn't dry my hair out and is gentle enough to be used immediately relaxing. ok, now that's two great recs for bigen. this is sounding better and better! i've seen it in the beauty supply, but thought it would be kind of messy, being a powder and all.

Originally Posted by KatJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif Shimmer Lights shampoo and conditioner will help the gray hairs brighten up, and take any yellow that's in it out.
Thanks for the info. I tried The shimmer lights and it really made a difference for me. There was only a little yellow in it but I don't see it after shampooing.

Back