My hair! :( Rant: STUPID HAIR STYLIST!!!!! :(

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awww Thais! your hair still looks great
smile.gif
but ino what your saying about it feeling dry. I had a hairdresser blowdry my hair with this horrible brush and my hair was all broken of at the ends, I was really angry. I love your hair straight!! it looks great
smile.gif
x

I think your hair looks gorgeous = )

What shampoo and COndtioner do you use? Your hair always seems to be on point.

I like it! It's really voluminous but if you're not used to it then I think it might seem strange. The bangs were a little funny though, like you mentioned with that cute little curl in them (but not as funny as your cute expression!!! LOL!!)
heart.gif

I'm sorry you had such an unpleasant experience. I completely understand, I hated going to the hairdressers for years.

Love your facial expressions.

Sorry to hear of your unpleasant experience. The funny story you put with it, made me laugh and remember back all to well from past experiences. I know how you feel about not wanting to trust anyone...I'm so scared of someone new myself (around here anyways). Now if Janelle (NYAngel) were to offer to do my hair, I'd totally trust her!

Any hey....Rochester, MN...I'm only a couple hours north of there. Where are you staying?

I thinik you should make the first picture with the funniest expression your avatar
yahootongue.gif
heehee. It doesnt look as bad as you think however, you always look good. It's weird they asked about the blow-dry, the only time my hairstylist has ever asked me was b/c I was really nauseaus from a new medicine my doctor had just given me and she had to give me a trash can b/c I puked, lol.

Thanks for being so sweet girls!!!!! The hair looked worse in person actually, and it felt so dry, frizzy, argh!!! But anyways, now I have been letting it hair dry and it is back to normal again.
smile.gif
I am lucky that my hair is healthy (I never used any chemicals on it) so it can handle the adverse conditions I guess. LOL. I am happy with it now, but was way mad that day!!!! LOL

You are all very sweet!!
biggrin.gif

oh hunny I feel for you. I think you're gorgeous no matter what but when I compare your FOTDs and these pics I say you're a much better hair stylist yourself!!!!!

I think she wanted to give you volume (hair stylists always assume you want huge hair, at least the ones I have encountered so far lol) but that didn't really work out.

Be glad that your hair is so healthy, I'm sure you can get it back to normal in no time. With long hair it's easier to "hide" a bad cut, although I don't think the cut itself is that bad (ok apart from the bangs) it's probably just the horrible blow drying job.

I've had stylists do bad blowdrying jobs on me, I just asked for STRAIGHT hair and she left me with a shapeless, frizzy mess that made my hair look completely damaged

Originally Posted by Andi /img/forum/go_quote.gif oh hunny I feel for you. I think you're gorgeous no matter what but when I compare your FOTDs and these pics I say you're a much better hair stylist yourself!!!!!I think she wanted to give you volume (hair stylists always assume you want huge hair, at least the ones I have encountered so far lol) but that didn't really work out.

Be glad that your hair is so healthy, I'm sure you can get it back to normal in no time. With long hair it's easier to "hide" a bad cut, although I don't think the cut itself is that bad (ok apart from the bangs) it's probably just the horrible blow drying job.

I've had stylists do bad blowdrying jobs on me, I just asked for STRAIGHT hair and she left me with a shapeless, frizzy mess that made my hair look completely damaged

I dont think she meant to add any volume, she was just plain drying it. Argh. I have a lot of hair, so believe me, no one needs to "try" to add volume, it has volume in itself!!! LOL. But it is way better now that I am air-drying it. Here's a pic of my hair this morning, air dried, I dont think it is too bad now:Attachment 24795

Good lord! What did she do to your bangs? Barrel curl them? How much did you pay for this cut? This is the reason that I cut my own hair! I went and got my hair cut one time, and I told the guy cutting it to cut me more bangs so they were thicker, and he cut them WET, pulled them down tight, and CUT them. When they dried, I about passed out. It was hideous and cost me $40!

Originally Posted by Thais /img/forum/go_quote.gif I dont think she meant to add any volume, she was just plain drying it. Argh. I have a lot of hair, so believe me, no one needs to "try" to add volume, it has volume in itself!!! LOL. But it is way better now that I am air-drying it. Here's a pic of my hair this morning, air dried, I dont think it is too bad now:Attachment 24795

wow this is your hair after AIR drying???? it looks so awesome!!!I know you said you never colored it in your life, I know if I hadn't been highlighting mine since age 16 it'd look better (but trust me, a dark ashy barely blonde is rarely a good look on anyone so I have no choice LOL)

Originally Posted by Andi /img/forum/go_quote.gif wow this is your hair after AIR drying???? it looks so awesome!!!I know you said you never colored it in your life, I know if I hadn't been highlighting mine since age 16 it'd look better (but trust me, a dark ashy barely blonde is rarely a good look on anyone so I have no choice LOL)

Yeah, I am usually too lazy to blow dry it or flat iron it (I do flat iron my bangs though, which takes me a few seconds hehehe). I have been contemplating the possibility of doing some highlights, but i am afraid my hair will be too dry. So I guess I am sticking to the natural look.
biggrin.gif
I don't know why you always complain about your hair, it is so shiny and healthy!!!
biggrin.gif

I'm way late on this one, but either way you look great Thais! It still stinks to have a bad experience! You look fab a month later though
smile.gif
Glad to know you've set a date! Missed that too
frown.gif

ok, i thought you had another bad experience and then i realized that i already saw this thread (just didn't get a chance to respond).

but um, i love your facial expressions! too funny!

*hiss* I hate when they take more than you ask for off. The only hairdresser that doesn't do that recently sold her bussiness and decied to become a cop! GRRR!

Back