My Make Up Haul - Lots of pics

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great haul, I love the Tempt Seduction colour on you!

Your new set up is looking great too! I love the little wooden crates.

This is a nice haul.

When you try the nail dryer will you do a review on it?

LOVE the wooden Coca-Cola crate! Quite nostalgic!!

Originally Posted by Dinitchka /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This is a nice haul.

When you try the nail dryer will you do a review on it?

LOVE the wooden Coca-Cola crate! Quite nostalgic!!
I tried it out the other night, it did an okay job. It doesn't put out a lot of air but as long as you are not in a hurry for your nails to dry, it'll do the job. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I may just have to go check it out. Thanks for the info :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Pancua /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I tried it out the other night, it did an okay job. It doesn't put out a lot of air but as long as you are not in a hurry for your nails to dry, it'll do the job. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My Sephora order came in finally!!!!

I'll do swatches in a little bit! I'm still giddy over the packaging!  LOL

I love the packaging. I hate companies that make such pretty boxes because it means more clutter for me since I have such a hard time parting with pretty packaging.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I love the packaging. I hate companies that make such pretty boxes because it means more clutter for me since I have such a hard time parting with pretty packaging.

I was just wrestling with that myself. In the end, I am going to toss is though.

I do need some help though...what exactly would be good use of the Josie Martin Illuminator and the Benefit High Beam? Are they like concealers to use under the eye/dark spots?

That is how I am reading the product description but I am not sure.

Originally Posted by Pancua /img/forum/go_quote.gifI was just wrestling with that myself. In the end, I am going to toss is though.

I do need some help though...what exactly would be good use of the Josie Martin Illuminator and the Benefit High Beam? Are they like concealers to use under the eye/dark spots?

That is how I am reading the product description but I am not sure.
The Josie Maran Argan Oil Illuminizer is basically a highlighter. You can mix with your foundation for a subtle shimmer to your face or apply after. Here's a pic of the full size bottle. The Josie Maran website says you can use it on dark spots under your eyes to brighten the area.

The Benefit High Beam is another highlighter but I don't recommend mixing that with your foundation. You can it to straight down your nose, above the cheekbones, at the center of your temple, above the cupid bow of your lips and the tip of your chin. Basically any place you would want to highlight. A little goes a long way with that product.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The Josie Maran Argan Oil Illuminizer is basically a highlighter. You can mix with your foundation for a subtle shimmer to your face or apply after. Here's a pic of the full size bottle. The Josie Maran website says you can use it on dark spots under your eyes to brighten the area.

The Benefit High Beam is another highlighter but I don't recommend mixing that with your foundation. You can it to straight down your nose, above the cheekbones, at the center of your temple, above the cupid bow of your lips and the tip of your chin. Basically any place you would want to highlight. A little goes a long way with that product.

Aha, I didn't think about mixing the first with my foundation, that makes sense!

Thanks for the info! I appreciate it!!   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

That set looks very nice. Can't wait for swatches!

I too have a hard time parting with pretty packaging. If I can't recycle it for another use, then I usually toss it.

The perfume samples I got in this set were Cartier Baiser Vole and it is a very powder-esque scent. Very light, very floral but not so overpowering. I really like it, which was surprising. The other one was Viva la Juicy which is a stronger, heavier floral scent, one I would probably wear at night and sparringly but I also really liked it.

I love sample perfumes because I do not wear scent very often so a sample perfume lasts me forever!

I'm a perfume fiend, which I get from my mum. Anytime I am able to get perfume samples (for instance the 3 free through Sephora.com or Ulta.com) I always get them for mum. I think she has a couple hundred
jawsdown.gif
 Viva La Juicy is close to, if not her favourite.

Originally Posted by Pancua /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The perfume samples I got in this set were Cartier Baiser Vole and it is a very powder-esque scent. Very light, very floral but not so overpowering. I really like it, which was surprising. The other one was Viva la Juicy which is a stronger, heavier floral scent, one I would probably wear at night and sparringly but I also really liked it.

I love sample perfumes because I do not wear scent very often so a sample perfume lasts me forever!

I'm getting really anxious for the rest of my make up purchases to come in. 

My first birchbox order should be here sometime this week (hopefully), an e.l.f. purchase I made back in late Dec and the Zoya nail polish I ordered.

The next two weeks are going to be like Xmas all over again. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

The elf pallette I ordered from HauteLook on Dec 27th came in, finally!!

I love all the colors! Its a bit of an overcast day today but I tried to get the best angle I could. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Nail polish was on sale at WalGreens for a $1 so I picked up three new colors. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

From left to right, Platinum, Fairy Tale Ivory and Silver Anniversary.

Quote: Originally Posted by ibedatfinemami /img/forum/go_quote.gif

OMG I love how you used the coca cola crate! 

and I love all ur pics! 

Sooo Jealous right now :/ 

lol
Thanks! I have 2 more out in the garage, I think one might be reused as a container for all things nail polish. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by ibedatfinemami /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My brother in law works for coca cola wounder if he could get me some lol 
Do they still make them?? These are from the late 70s if I remember correctly. I got them from a friend who was cleaning out his parent's garage. He was going to throw them away and I couldn't let them go to the dump!

Back