My makeup line.. Please give feedback!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

As some of you know I work for MAC and have worked for other lines as well (Lancome and NARS) I am also a fan of urban decay.

I have known for a long time that I would be coming out with my own line that combines all of my favorite lines into one and also offers everything a lot of lines are missing. I'm 24, NC50 (in MAC foundation) but my line will be catering to all complexions and all skin types. I would just like to hear from everyone what would attract them to a new makeup line and also what's missing from the makeup lines we are all currently using so that I can add that to my line. I know what my list looks like for this kind of stuff but I definitely would like feedback from everyone here since you all vary with opinions on likes and dislikes of makeup lines. Thanks alot and I appreciate the feedback I hope to receive!

A little info about my line:

It will have plenty of colors in foundation, shadow, blush, lips, EVERYTHING, and not only that but my line will also have a mineral side which will offer all products - not just foundation and/or blush.

Xtina

To get me to jump ship to a new product line, I'll usually start with a lipstick. What I look for in that is when I drink my coffee, I don't want to re-apply it. Also, if I have to apply lipstick more than twice a day (morning and mid-day), I will never buy it again. So it needs staying power, which is the most important to me.

I'm one of those loyal customers, though. I'll stick with a line forever. My favorite cosmetic line is MAC. I started with their lipsticks about 15 years ago, then the eyeshadows, mascaras, then nail polish, but now I'm moving through their line and trying foundations and powders for the first time, within the past few months. And I'm loving them. But I knew MAC would deliver because, in my mind, they're about quality. And so am I. I trust their brand to do what it says. I'm almost getting to the point where I will only buy MAC cosmetics, even replacing things that I already have to buy a MAC brand version (which is sick, but what can I say? you're doing market research here!
biggrin.gif
).

For skin care, I've been using Neutrogena. I don't know why. Their products just does what I want them to do. But I'm on the lookout for something else. I'm not as loyal to this brand. Will you have a skin-care line for oily skin?

I will definitely have a skin care line for oily skin. I have a chemist who has worked for 5 years perfecting organic skin care for all types but especially oily skin. Thank you so much for the feedback, that really helps!

As an African American woman, I look for lines which promote quality as well as a variety of textures and hues. I also like product lines which promotes the ideal of diversity.

It can meet the needs of the house wife,the professional woman, etc.

I look for a product line that doesn't make me break out...(foundation, powder, blush, bronzer) That's why I got the Bare Minerals

I deffinately agree with with the lipstick thing, I hate having to reapply. Also, I have dry skin, and a foundation that is not going to make my skin look super dry is great.

I always look for the e/s and bright and different colors that no one else has.I also look for stuff that helps with oily skin ,I 'm so sick of my makeup at the end of the day being so oily.

I'd really like to find high quality stuff that can be used for film and photography, but also uses only vegetarian and vegan ingredients.

I'd personally be attracted to sleek packaging and a huge range of colors and textures that make good combos together .The first thing I notice is usually the smell of the lip stuff(nasty- smelling lipglosses are a big turnoff) and wether the face products are non-comedogenic or not.HTH and good luck with your cosmetic line!

I usually look for products that are pigmented, good quality, non-comedogenic, and with very little fragrance. I hate foundations and lipsticks that are too damn fragrant!! It gives me a headache and I just can't stand having it on my face. I also like products that have good staying power and have lots and lots of colors to choose from. Also the products of the line have to be at a reasonable price. That's why a lot of people love MAC because they have such great quality, good customer service, and they're not as expensive as other department store makeup. HTH!!!

I hate wearing makeup sometimes because it looks too fake on me. I know it's how I apply it, but I'd like something that looked more natural on my face. Also, if the product stinks, then I definately won't be re buying, I like my CG lipslicks, but they smell so bad. I never wear them.

i agree with everyone about the smells, if its smells bad i wont go near it.

the thing that really attracts me to a new make up brand is the service. I love mac because the ervice is amazing(or at least at my store). Staying power and pigmentation are things that are important to me too

I would like a Foundation product that can control oil and if it can't keep me completely matte all day long then it would be wonderful if it didn't break down and get splotchy

I really appreciate all the feedback! This has helped a ton..I've covered all concerns that I've read so that it releaving to me. I am constantly thinking about what everyone is looking for. Thanks again ladies

I'm presently a heavy MAC user because of the wide range of colors but most of all because I know that I can find a foundation for my skintone in this line. That is initially what made me jump onto the MAC bandwagon. As an African American woman, I have a very difficult time finding foundations that suit me in most cosmetic lines. That annoys the hell out of me and a lot of times I will totally cut off a brand if it has no foundation selection for AA skintones. But..... since you too are AA (I think), I guess that wont be too big of a problem. I hate when cosmetic lines have one or two shades in deep colors and they think that is enough to cater to AA skintones. We have as diverse a color range as all other races and there are so many cosmetic companies that need to realize that.

so that's my two cents. I'm glad you asked us and good luck w/your venture!! :)

Not enough brands have neutrals. I'm the lightest shade in every foundation brand but I have to wear neutral only, everything else looks off so that doesn't leave a big selection.

Originally Posted by SmokyEyez /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hi everyone,
As some of you know I work for MAC and have worked for other lines as well (Lancome and NARS) I am also a fan of urban decay.

I have known for a long time that I would be coming out with my own line that combines all of my favorite lines into one and also offers everything a lot of lines are missing. I'm 24, NC50 (in MAC foundation) but my line will be catering to all complexions and all skin types. I would just like to hear from everyone what would attract them to a new makeup line and also what's missing from the makeup lines we are all currently using so that I can add that to my line. I know what my list looks like for this kind of stuff but I definitely would like feedback from everyone here since you all vary with opinions on likes and dislikes of makeup lines. Thanks alot and I appreciate the feedback I hope to receive!

A little info about my line:

It will have plenty of colors in foundation, shadow, blush, lips, EVERYTHING, and not only that but my line will also have a mineral side which will offer all products - not just foundation and/or blush.

Xtina

Once you start your MU own line, visit this section of MUT.
smile.gif
MakeupTalk.com: makeup, beauty, skin care, beauty product reviews, beauty products, eyemakeup, eye makeup, hair care, talk and gossip for women
Glad MUT can provide such a place for new companies to advertise inexpensively.
smile.gif

Latest posts

Back