My mascara got me sent to the ER!!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by SassyAuburn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And the needle thing isn't all that unheard of. Many models will tell you that their makeup artists will separate their lashes with a hat pin (like those big pins in corsages) to get them as fluffed out as possible. I've thought about it, but I'm worse than Danger-prone Daphne.  I'll pass!
I know they make metal lash/brow combs and even THAT frightens me. One sneeze at the wrong time... no thanks. I couldn't imagine using a T pin or any type of pin near my eyes much less let someone else use one.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I know they make metal lash/brow combs and even THAT frightens me. One sneeze at the wrong time... no thanks. I couldn't imagine using a T pin or any type of pin near my eyes much less let someone else use one.
I would try a metal lash comb if I found one. They are always plastic and they take off more of the mascara than actually separate the lashes. I'll have to keep an eye out for one.

Glad you're OK! Poking my eye is a huge fear of mine! I wouldn't blame the mascara though, I'm pretty sure you would have hurt your eye by jabbing any kind of mascara wand into it!

OUCH that's very painful!! I'm surprised there's not more casualties like this it must be easy to have an accident like that. I'll definately do my makeup in a pet free room from now on. I have a metal eyelash comb and have poked my eye a few times, only lightly but ouch it does hurt.

icon_eek.gif

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Tweezerman Folding Lash Comb has metal prongs. Sold at Ulta.

Doesn't surprise me at all. I bought that mascara and hatêd the brush from day one. It's fat and sloppy, smears, pokes into the eye very easily and is ĥorrible especially on the lower lashes. I'd go with L'Oreal over Covergirl any day for a drug store brand mascara. Much better brushes and formulas, for sure. Hope your eye is better soon :)

LOL Beauty is pain. LOL

But I wouldn't want that near MY eyes if I had cats in the room.

Ouch! Glad you're doing better! My cat likes to sit on the counter beside me while I do my makeup too. I think I'll be shooing her along from now on.

Ouchie! That sounds horrible! I have stabbed my eyes a few time, but not as bad as what happened to you of course! It's usually when I use mascara with huge wand. I guess I am just not used to it, I find it hard to apply too! 

Back