My photo showed up in someone elses you tube movie??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A friend just sent me this and said I'm in this move titled T Girl..... or one of my photos... Near the end at 3.03.. .... I don't really care because it is a good phot but I also feel that it was taken with out permission... So what would you do?

Karren

YouTube - Tgirl

If anything you could contact that person and tell them they should've asked first.

People use to take my photos without permission, but they would pretend to be me, so that's totally different from what this person is doing.

Not sure what to do about it, but I'd be really annoyed if I were you!

I would complain to the poster, U tube and the site it was taken from. If you can, and some sites allow this, change the settings so that the pictures can't be "right clicked" on and that prevents copying. Also you could watermark the pictures you put up in various places. It's your own fault for being so pretty!

It was probably taken from the old Yahoo Photos which is now defunct... but then I transfered all my photos to Flickr which is now holding them ransom... lol

Well, if you want it removed, then I'd contact YT about it. If it doesn't bother you too much, then maybe contact the member, let them know you're honored they used your pic, but wish they would've found a way to contact you about it. Or, just let it be... I dunno!

Quote:
Even if you took a photo of yourself and had it on a public website, that does not give anyone the right to distribute it elsewhere. if you took the photo, you automatically have the copyright as soon as it's made. your best course of action is to contact the person, and the site administrator and tell them the photos of you are unauthorized. unless the person distributing them can prove that they own the copyright (as in they took the photo, or you signed over rights), then they'll have to remove them or you can press legal action. whether you want to spend the money on legal fees or not, is another story. from another website

Yes I would be annoyed at that. I would contact them to let them know at least your not happy about it. I don't know what you can do though.

e-mail the person. I would be like "thanks for including me but I would like have had permission!"

It's a lovely photo, Karren
smile.gif

Karren, I want you to know- you were the most beautiful girl on that whole slide!!!!

Originally Posted by Aquilah /img/forum/go_quote.gif Well, if you want it removed, then I'd contact YT about it. If it doesn't bother you too much, then maybe contact the member, let them know you're honored they used your pic, but wish they would've found a way to contact you about it. Or, just let it be... I dunno! I agree.

I agree you should contact the person who made the video and tell them that they should have got permission but be nice about. It's a great pic though!

Karren, I think it was Aprill that shared probably the best course of action, but that is what youtube is becoming famous for...unauthorized use of media, whether its pictures or music.And, I will agree with the others, you were the best photo no others were worthy of MOTM.

Latest posts

Back