My pressed mineral shadow experiment

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stella,

thanks for this post.

I made an experiment with the shadows. The samples were too little so I cld not press it full to fill up the palettes. I bought this palette for about $1.55 and just that they are of a flower shape so it was abit diff to press them but I managed it with a cotton hanky and my fingers. One of the shadows seem to be abit loose but still looks alright. Just left it to dry now. Guess the round type palettes wld be much easier to press by using a coin.

Anyway I am happy I tried it....yeahhhhhhhhh
fly.gif

Originally Posted by paast10 /img/forum/go_quote.gif your pics look great Emmy!!!!! thank you paast10, I kind of enjoyed doing it...in the wee hours..hahha..
internet - yup they look cute.

Guys, I just need your advice or comments, I was thinking if I cld press my eyeshadows in the samples jars that they send. Maybe I transf the shadows on a paper or something to hold and use bit by bit to mix into the jar itself and press. So it will not be in pallette but single jars. Wat you think?

TIA

emma

I think that would totally work. I think you could mix them right in the sample jars and then press them (with a coin wrapped in fabric or using your finger again). Also, I saw a video on youtube by EnKoreMakeup about organizing your jars that might be helpful.

YouTube - Organizing 5gr Jars

Originally Posted by mandyr /img/forum/go_quote.gif I think that would totally work. I think you could mix them right in the sample jars and then press them (with a coin wrapped in fabric or using your finger again). Also, I saw a video on youtube by EnKoreMakeup about organizing your jars that might be helpful. YouTube - Organizing 5gr Jars

Thank you mandyr...this was helpful..

Great thread!!

I'm wondering how well the eyeshadows stay pressed if you only use alchol as your binder??

I mean, can the pressed shadows handle to be carried around in a bag without crumbling??

Originally Posted by Padme /img/forum/go_quote.gif Great thread!!
I'm wondering how well the eyeshadows stay pressed if you only use alchol as your binder??

I mean, can the pressed shadows handle to be carried around in a bag without crumbling??

Hi padme,,
I dont think I will want to carry it around cos one or two e/s looks abit loose and guess will crumble..but for home use its still alright.

For mine, it was pretty hit-or-miss, which ones will hold together and which ones will crumble. For instance, just about all of my Cory shadows hold together nicely....except for the Black liner. That one crumbled all over the place. And with my SheSpace colors, they all held together well except for a couple of the orangey-gold shades that crumbled! So it's hard to say how they'll do.

Here's my last batch of e/s being pressed. I bod this e/s palette for $4.90 and cleaned it off real nice and used it for my mineral e/s. Here it is...

Looks good, Emmy!!

Originally Posted by feu_du_ciel /img/forum/go_quote.gif wow i don't use e/s usually but now just wish i had tons of mineral e/s :x Eye shadow is one of the things I like to have fun with. I like wearing bold colors, and it's a lot of fun to match my eye shadows to what I'm wearing! One of my favorite combos is Cory Theseus with Fyrinnae Chlorophyll - a groovy bright teal with super-screaming orange
biggrin.gif
It makes me happy!

they look awesome guys!

i'd do this if i used pressed shadows, but i actually end up crushing any pressed colors i get; so powder is awesome for me

Originally Posted by Stellaria /img/forum/go_quote.gif I thought I would share with you all my experiment with pressing my mineral eyeshadow samples. I started reading about pressing MMU about a month ago, and thought I would give it a try. I did some right away, but I just finished pressing ALL of my e/s samples this morning and I figured you'd all like to hear how it went and how they perform.... wow those look awesome! you've totally inspired me to go order a bunch of samples and press them
smile.gif
however i think i'll probably mess up since i have zero experience in these matters. i know you said somewhere that they turned out pretty hard and worked better with wet application...will it work with dry appl. as well?

Originally Posted by Stellaria /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm going to see Nine Inch Nails tomorrow, and plan on glamming out my eyes to the max with the stuff
wink.gif
That's what all those awesome pink shades are for
biggrin.gif
yes!!! i saw them in seattle the show was amazing!!! i had a great spot on the rail in front of robin...now i'm thinking about maybe seeing them again in las vegas..dunno yet we'll see
unsure.gif

Originally Posted by emmy2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Stella,thanks for this post.

I made an experiment with the shadows. The samples were too little so I cld not press it full to fill up the palettes. I bought this palette for about $1.55 and just that they are of a flower shape so it was abit diff to press them but I managed it with a cotton hanky and my fingers. One of the shadows seem to be abit loose but still looks alright. Just left it to dry now. Guess the round type palettes wld be much easier to press by using a coin.

Anyway I am happy I tried it....yeahhhhhhhhh
fly.gif

They look great Emmy
rocknroll2.gif

Back