My specific foundation issue. Any suggestions?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
As a teen I had a lot of acne and occasionally still do. My worst habit is popping everything and picking at my face. I do it whenever I get a spot of any kind. I have OCD with it and it's impossible for me to quit doing it.

Now for my punishment. GIANT PORES. I almost wouldn't even consider them pores, they're more like scars in the form of giant holes.

Because of this issue all foundations settle into them and accentuates them. Any help? Any product recommendation for this issue would be amazing. thanks!

Well, first off I would suggest trying to address the problem with treatments like dermabrasion; that can really help.

But in the first instance you might find a primer would help. There are primers that market themselves as a polyfiller almost and are designed to fill in wrinkles and pores to give a smoother surface to your foundation.

Too Faced do one, and there are many others I can't think of off the top of my head. They are usually silicone based, but it depends what foundation you use on top as they don't always give a great result.

Essentially, it's trial and error. If you live near a good department store you could visit a few counters and ask for samples then just try them and see what works and what doesn't.

Good luck!

Benefit's Porefessional could help, it's a decent primer. Also, Goss on YouTube has a good video on how to apply foundation to minimize the appearance of pores and make your look more flawless.

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Benefit's Porefessional could help, it's a decent primer. Also, Goss on YouTube has a good video on how to apply foundation to minimize the appearance of pores and make your look more flawless.
I would check out this video also. His technique is to simply buff your makeup into your skin gently, which will lay m/u over your pores and hide them, instead of "painting" your makeup on, which can accentuate pores (as well as tiny facial hairs, dry flaky skin, wrinkles and fine lines etc.).

Consider wearing makeup that is matte, "glowy" or "dewy" makeup can emphasise the texture of skin.

Latest posts

Back