Mystery Box Contents

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a pic of my mystery box from the most recent promo:

IMG_2086.JPG

I love the coconut scrub but sadly everything else will get swapped.
I received the same box... they were all new items for me, and a decent value.

Thanks that you posted a pic of your box...... Looks good though, but may be not my kind of stuffs. Searching for something special..... Like HarveyPrince perfumes or some brilliant scents in bath & body line etc!

Thanks for the "Heads Up!"   I was not aware of this coupon code.  I was able to use it today.   I wonder if using it multiple times will work, especially with it seems no dollar limit?

EDIT: It seems like they changed the code to "once per account". I wasn't able to use it again on my account today.
Also, they are doing weird things on my second order with this code :/ It has been 9 days and they still didn't ship it. Furthermore, today I received an email stating the lipgloss I ordered is out of stock and they refunded my payment&points which still didn't arrive. And my order still marked as processing on the website.

I got my box today, and I got Beaver shampoo and conditioner, PB&J Smoothie stick, I've received like 3 of these and swapped them all. IPKN BB cream and two RMS beauty wipes. Not bad for $2, but not exciting either lol. 

Well I got the beaver shampoo and conditioner too, my box is the green rifle paper co from April and its missing a sample. I've already tried the missing item though (Au Naturale mini face palette, the one thats super small) so I'm not too concerned. It also came with the Acure pore minimizing scrub and the Penhaligon's Levantium perfume sample, both which are new to me. If I could I'd order another one with my $6.60 in points they keep reminding me about.

I got my box today, and I got Beaver shampoo and conditioner, PB&J Smoothie stick, I've received like 3 of these and swapped them all. IPKN BB cream and two RMS beauty wipes. Not bad for $2, but not exciting either lol. 
I received the exact same box today and am happy with it.

Birchbox is so cute. They canceled my order (9 days after I placed my order on 10/12) because the lipgloss I ordered went out of stock days after I placed it. They refunded money and points I used to pay, but still sent me the GWP. That's so nice of them.

I received my mystery box awhile ago but was too lazy to find the thread.

Bobbi Brown Smokey Eye Mascara- Haven't tried this and I am a mascara junkie so yay!

Coola Classic SPF 30 Cucumber Moisturizer- Though I actually like the smell of this stuff I have several rubes already and I can't use it on my face because it stings.

Living Proof No Frizz Nourishing styling Cream- Hair stuff like this is always usable to me. It came with the corresponding shampoo and conditioner packets as a bonus.

Marcelle BB Cream Golden Glow- I love BB cream but this stuff is way too dark for me. Luckily my Mom loves it.

Milk Makeup Sunshine Oil- While Milk makeup is not a brand I covet I should be able to use this for something. Maybe it will help a chapped nose in the winter. I tried using it as a highlighter but I feel like I just look greasy and need a blotting sheet. 

Overall it's an alright box for a freebie. I'm still super salty about the last "mystery box" I never received due to them being "sold out". To make matters worse I wound up with the customer service people that just wanted to hand me $5 in points and let it go. After arguing with them I got it bumped up to $10 but really now you can't tell me you ran out of a mystery box. Send me any five items and it will qualify. I didn't wait that long to use the code and I've literally contacted customer service before when promo codes have come up as "sold out" and still had them applied to my order just by asking. I've since become very cautious about placing orders at BB just because I want the promo. 

I just received an email from Birchbox, they are doing a mystery gift with subscription for Halloween. I got "a free full-size Cargo TexasLash™ Mascara (a $20 value!)".

Code is "TEXASLASH", please feel free to use it ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I did receive 2 boxes, both were the same in the yellow Rifle Paper boxes.  

Beaver shampoo & conditioner

Acure Pore Minimizing Scrub

Au Naturale mini palette - lipstick, blush & eyeshadow in Lively, which unfortunately are terrible colors for me

Mens cologne

I got a 2nd mystery box, after I placed an order with the $5 promo they had last week. I got my box today and it was addressed to The Clever Sara Webb, which I thought was rather odd and funny. Why am I clever? They've never done that before. My mystery box came in another Rifle paper box, and had another PB&J smoothie stick, Briogeo hair mask, IPKN primer Tocca hand cream and Marcelle power serum. Little disappointing to keep getting repeat items. But I'll use the primer and hand cream. I have so many of the PB&J smoothie sticks! 

They've been adding adjectives to boxes for a while, I've been the Clever Amanda, The Witty Amanda, The Charming Amanda, and those are only from these past few months. Anyway, I was able get another mystery box and I picked up this month's curated box with their 50 free points offer, so combined with the points I already had both boxes were free. (yay for free!) Got another yellow rifle paper co box, it came with the Briogeo Don't Despair repair mask (which made the whole box smell heavenly), Ipkn beauty balm (new to me), Marcelle 8 in 1 serum (traded this away the first time I got it), Tocca Bianca hand cream and my 2nd pb&j stick. I'm thinking about going for a third one but I don't know how I'm going to use all these samples.

Back