Nail Polish Organization?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a couple of the clear plastic under-the-bed storage containers that I use for all of my nail polish/nail art stuff. I have a bout 150-200 (I haven't counted, and not sure I want to) polishes, then a bunch of nail care/nail art stuff. I put the little baskets that I find at Dollar Tree in there so I can kind of group stuff together too. It's worked very well for me, plus it only costs about 10$ for everything. It's out of the way and I can hide my addiction if need be :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I got my rack yesterday in the mail from TransDesign.com

I got the 90 polish rack thinking that it would be plenty of room for all of my polishes with room to spare as I had just given half of my collection to my sister a few months ago. I was wrong haha. I was forced to purge some more polishes which I guess is good because they were old but I feel a weird attachment to them. Anyway this is the rack:

It was $41.25 + $14.05 shipping (no tax) It feels very sturdy and holds 122 of my polishes​

I got one just like this on Amazon for $36.  That site sells them very expensively.

Originally Posted by maeiland /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got my rack yesterday in the mail from TransDesign.com

I got the 90 polish rack thinking that it would be plenty of room for all of my polishes with room to spare as I had just given half of my collection to my sister a few months ago. I was wrong haha. I was forced to purge some more polishes which I guess is good because they were old but I feel a weird attachment to them. Anyway this is the rack:

It was $41.25 + $14.05 shipping (no tax) It feels very sturdy and holds 122 of my polishes​

Originally Posted by DonnaD /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got one just like this on Amazon for $36.  That site sells them very expensively.
I looked at that one on Amazon ($31) and didn't like that a lot of the reviews questioned the sturdiness because it only has two screw holes at the top. The one I got from TD has two at the top and two at the bottom so I feel it is more secure to wall especially because mine is hanging behind a door.

I need mine outside, not in a box, and am scared of the acrylic things because I'd drop them. So I got some refrigerator-like shelves, put thermocol on the bottom to prevent mini polishes from slipping through, colour-sorted them and hooked them up my wall. I have eight of the shelves now. Each one holds about 25 bottles.

Mine are in a plastic drawer but I want to get a shelf to display them on. I think a lot more would get used if I could see them displayed everyday on the wall kwim?

I bought mine based on the recommendation MissJenFabulous (polishandpearls.com) talked about on several of her videos.  Both of mine are full...one with OPI and one with China Glaze and they don't appear in any danger of falling.  My husband drilled a couple of holes through the plastic on the bottom of the one witth China Glaze because they're such heavy bottles and added 3 screws just in case.  The OPI is just held by the two and seems perfectly fine.

For hanging them on a door, I would definitely add the extra screws at the bottom though.

Originally Posted by maeiland /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I looked at that one on Amazon ($31) and didn't like that a lot of the reviews questioned the sturdiness because it only has two screw holes at the top. The one I got from TD has two at the top and two at the bottom so I feel it is more secure to wall especially because mine is hanging behind a door.

Back