Nail Problem

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a problem since i was a little girl that i used to bite my nails.

Now im trying to let them grow but its very difficult for me to do it. I was wondering if anyone could help me with my problem? Have you ever been in my situation or do you know any tips that i could do to let them grow?

:'(

I know there are sme nail polish that makes them grow but is it true?

nailsfh6.jpg

Do you still bite your nails? They make some nail polishes that taste really bad to stop you from biting.

My best friend when I was little used to bite her nails like crazy - she would bite them so short that she would actually be knawing the skin down. They were so gross looking. Finally in high school she stopped biting them. I saw her over the weekend when she was visiting and her nails still don't look right. They're actually longer than mine, but I think she did like permanent damage to her nails/fingers because they just don't look right. It's kind of like her nail beds are completely flat (instead of having a slight curve) and then her nails just kind of grow straight out and kinda up. I know that probably is really hard to visualize, but just try to imagine.

I used to bite my nails, I got fake ones put on to make my self stop biting them, it worked really well for me, and now I have long nails, and are really nice, I would sugest something like that so that you cant bite them no matter what!

and once those fakes come off.. dont try biting them again or sadly that habit might come back again, every so often I still bite mine and I pretty much killed it like 6 years ago.

good luck!

STOP biting your nails for one! I used to be a chronic nail biter, and I still bite them very rarely (generally when they've all broken). Sally Hansen Miracle Nail Growth works wonders! I didn't think it would work, but it does! You just have to stay on top of it! Even when my nails would grow, they'd be so brittle and thin, it wouldn't matter. As long as I use this and stay on it, I have nice long, hard nails!

Biting nails is usually a nervous habit... I DO have a great idea though, whenever you feel like biting your nails go buy some cosmetics instead!! Wait a second that might make you bite your nails even more. Oh well, I tried to help:)

everyday give yourself a mini manicure for 5 mins , soak hand, remove dirt etc, push back cuticles, apply hand cream and paint clear nail varnish on, file into shape once a week. this is what i did 4 years ago and i have not bitten my nails since. i found a passion which i loved and now i am a nail technician , hth xx

Back