Nails always chip

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, so I'm new to the site, so I hope this is the right place to post this. 

I've always been trying to grow my nails out because a year or two ago I got out of the habit of chewing them. Sometimes, I get some nails that are really long and pretty, but then they always chip, then the tips completely break off, or I have to break them off because half of the length is already gone. Also, whenever I don't have some sort of polish, like clear polish, on my nails, I can't stand the feeling of my nails at all. 

So, I guess my questions are, does anyone have any really good, not really expensive, nail growth formulas/polishes that help grow long and healthy nails, And, how do I prevent my nails from chipping once they grow long? 

Originally Posted by ScarletCelestia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hi, so I'm new to the site, so I hope this is the right place to post this. 

I've always been trying to grow my nails out because a year or two ago I got out of the habit of chewing them. Sometimes, I get some nails that are really long and pretty, but then they always chip, then the tips completely break off, or I have to break them off because half of the length is already gone. Also, whenever I don't have some sort of polish, like clear polish, on my nails, I can't stand the feeling of my nails at all. 

So, I guess my questions are, does anyone have any really good, not really expensive, nail growth formulas/polishes that help grow long and healthy nails, And, how do I prevent my nails from chipping once they grow long? 
I'd highly suggest OPI Nail Envy. I picked up a 2-pack on ebay for like $12 and gave one to my mom. My nails have always been pretty solid, but they chipped as soon as they got to a point where I was happy with the length. My mom, on the other hand, has super brittle nails that she can just peel off. She said they were always pretty bad, but they got worse after years of acrylics. I used nail envy for about a month, and my nails don't break at all anymore. My mom is still using it 2-3 months later and, while they're still pretty weak, there's a huge difference between how they were and how they are. She's able to do a french manicure for the first time in years!

Latest posts

Back