Naked Palette Vs. Urban Decay 15 Anniversary Eyeshadow Palette

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
uh oh! i just ordered 2 on pre-sale! :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by musingmuse /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I wish i could get my hands on this Muppets the Balm palette - i really love the Balm. such great quality.

it's $44, but limited edition, and there is only 1000 of these. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />((((

img from temptalia:

I'm here with you on this one; although I love the colors in the Anniversary Palette, I just can't see myself wearing the kind of vibrant colors (hey I'm getting finicky in my old ways lol!!!). I own the Naked Palette and use it all the time. Thanks for showing!!!!

Originally Posted by LucyLuvsHolos /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Im very in love with the naked palette, i got it over 2 weeks ago and i use it like everyday. The 15 Anniversary Palette is really nice, but I can't see myself wearing most of those colors.

It happened by chance. Yay! But I am not sure what I would do with two palettes. I wonder if... anyone keeps makeup for a really long time as a.. say... a collectable? Maybe i will keep it for 50 years. LOL!

Originally Posted by DreamWarrior /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am officially jealous.

Gotta luv boxes!!!

Originally Posted by DreamWarrior /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes.
6.gif
 Yes, you do!  Think of it this way, its more than just a palette of eyeshadows... its a box too!
smilehappyyes.gif

Dream, 

Thank you so much for this post. Its super helpful. I went and checked out both palettes at Macy's.  They are awesome. I had to hold off on buying both. I got the Naked Palette and love it.  
heart.gif

I would so totally buy it for the box and the beautiful pink and gold shades.  Geez, I'm already bad enough with my addiction to lip gloss and the bare escentuals line.
rolleyes.gif
  Has anyone tried the Prime Time Primer Shadows?

Still can't get myself to buy the Naked palette, and then they release this, lol, oh boy.

Maybe when funds get a little better... they are so pretty, though!

I finally broke down and got the Naked palette from TSC in Canada on 3 payments over 3 months. I figured I'd try it out for 30 days and can always send it back if I wind up not using it much. So far I have been using it every day on our 2 week out of town trip, even though I brought 3 other palettes with me that have a total of 28 eye shadows. Don't know why people are so afraid to travel with the Naked palette. It travels just fine. I've had no problems with it at all. Compared to the colors in the palette in the photo above, I think I wouldn't use the pinks etc in it.

I did some swatches on my pink skin.  Half of the swatch is over MAC Bare Canvas as a primer.  

I would love to see these colors over dark skin.  

Deeper, MIA, Ace, BlackOut, Half Truth

Tainted (my favorite), Junkshow, Omen, Evidence, DeepEnd.  The blues really showed up different on my skin from the swatches that DreamWarrior posted.  It amazes me how color contrast plays a part in the appearance of colors.  

Midnight Rodeo, Midnight 15, Vanilla, Flow These shadows are very sheer and great highlighters these ones to really have impact need to be over a primer.  

*lurker*

TheBalm just did another pre-order for the Muppet palette on their FB page.  Like them there and follow them on twitter to see when the next one is.  Seems they're doing one a week.

@ Dreamwarrior

The lighter blue looks all pale and baby on your skin but the greens come out more on me.  I guess it has to do with our coloring and body oils.  I bet the new nars blue would look great on your skin.  I tried it in sephora and it turned gray! 

Ah, what awesome colors! Looks like i may be needing to add this one to my collection :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I bought the Naked pallette after a strong recommendation from InWithSkin Magazine, and I love it!!

Back