Name the BEST and WORST hair products....

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone I'm new here so you probably wont recognize my username. Anyway, What are the best and worst hair products you have used for your hair? I think that this thread would be helpful for product junkies like myself who are always looking for new products to try. Hair type: Super Crazy thick kinky curly My bests: 1.Philip B Russian Imperial Shampoo 2.Schwarzkopf Moisture Kick Treatment 3.Terax Crema Ultra Moisturing Daily Conditioner 4. Alter Ego Italy Crema Midollo & Placenta hair mask 5. Bumble & Bumble Mending Masque 6. Carol's Daughter Monoi Repairing Hair Mask 7. Orofluido beauty Mask 8. Terax Miele Shampoo 9. Matrix Biolage Exquisite oil 10. Circle of Friends Marisol's melon leave in conditioner 11. Skin An Apothecary French hair Paste My Worst: 1. Aussie Moist conditioner 2. Carols daughter hair balm 3. Carols daughter Lisa's Elixir 4. Carols daughter marguerite's magic

Hair type: Fine, color treated, frizzy

Bests:

1. Aubrey Organics Island Naturals Replenishing Shampoo & Conditioner
  2. Aveda Invati Shampoo & Conditioner
  3. Gloss Moderne Shampoo & Masque
  4. Hair Rules Moisturizing Shampoo
  5. DermOrganic Shampoo & Conditioner
  6. Macadamia Natural Oil Healing Oil Treatment

Worsts:

1. Sebastian Color Ignite Multi Tone Shampoo and Conditioner - absolutely disgusting products that turned my perfectly moisturized hair into hay. For something that's supposed to protect my hair color, they're also packed with sulfates which in fact wash out and fade the color...
  2. Burt's Bees mango shampoo - makes my hair feel like goo and look greasy.

Hair type: ultra thick, wavy, frizzy

Best:

I have a ton of love for Organix. I love their coconut volumizing shampoo and conditioner, and their mousse. Excellent stuff. Very affordable. 

Orofluido hair oil. 

Aussie Deeeep Moisturizing Conditioner.

Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil Shampoo. 

Kerastase Elixer Ultime. 

Worst:

I don't even remember these products or what they were called, but I bought them in the Nick Chavez St. Patrick's day sale. They all just reeked of this nasty chemical smell, and I don't think they did a darn thing to my hair. To be honest, I wasn't even entirely sure what to use them for.

Freeman Beauty Moisturizing Shampoo and Conditioner. Dried my hair out and made it a total wreck. 

John Frieda Frizz-Ease Cream. It made my hair greasy and crunchy, which is an odd and impressing feat. 

I must be incredibly lucky, because I never notice a difference between the shampoos I use. My hair's quite thick and I only wash every 2-3 days, so that might help.

Latest posts

Back