Natural looking Makeup for Guys

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by alka1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif You guys need to open up your minds and wake up a little -- it's the 21st century. Darla asked

Quote:
Do you think this will ever catch on? Do you like it? Everyone posted their opinions on it and not once did any of these individuals state that a man could not wear makeup (open minds here) merely that some do not care for it. You don't have to be in agreement with or like their responses but you will respect them.

To the original thread, I have no problems with guys wearing makeup as long as their not prettier than me and picking from my stash lol. I kinda like the eyeliner on a guy sometimes.

Some people are open minded. I met some people that wearing makeup. I am not a fan of it.

Not something that I particularly like in a b/f but some guys really suit it - JD in Pirates anyone?

Now that I think about it... I doubt it will really catch on... guys are too lazy!! lol

I don't think makeup for men (other than CDs, etc) will catch on.

But I didn't say "I hope not," because whether or not they chose to wear makeup is up to them. So I chose "Not Sure" as there really weren't any options that fit.

I'm sure it will catch on with certain crowds, and probably already has with a more alternative group of younger people.

And some men may turn to it for certain occassions, like big corporate meetings or places they have to speak in front of large audiences. (like how some men get manicures/eyebrow waxes.)

But on a day to day basis? I doubt it.

Most guys I know dont even like a lot of makeup on girls, let alone themselves.

Also, I'm personally not a fan because I feel like the makeup in that video was actually really noticeable.

The guy had one blemish and some redness and shine, but I think they put a bit too much on for those issues.

He looked almost fake to me.

:/

So I wouldn't personally be attracted to it. But I could see the uses.

Ugh! Anybody born male who puts on makeup is a weirdo pervert!
tocktock.gif

Originally Posted by reesesilverstar /img/forum/go_quote.gif It could possibly catch on... There's a movement now that's shaking up what's "normal" in society. Not to scare you Karren, but quite soon there could be tons more CDs, drag queens and metros wearing makeup. I already see signs of it in Houston. You can't think that the acceptability of guys wearing makeup would actually cause more men to want to wear skirts or turn gay and do drag, can you? I think the topic here is whether more mainstream guys will wear makeup. And like others have said, guys are pretty lazy when it comes to personal care, so I can't see much catching on besides the Johnny Depp pirate eyeliner look -- and let's be honest here, everybody thinks that's hot, right?

Originally Posted by magosienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm not sure if it will catch on, but i have nothing against it. Surely i cannot forbid a man to use correctors when i myself feel the need to cover my flaws. Maybe it would also inspire them to take more care of their skin.Besides, men used to wear makeup just as much as women in the past, considering fashions come and go it's possible it comes back.

Didn't men used to wear a lot more makeup than women? Think of French aristocracy. Think of colonial times. Lots of guys with powdered wigs, capris and knee socks. Think of Native Americans. Not a lot of women with war paint, were there? Look at those fancy headdresses that the guys wore!
I think we all just need to look at a male peacock's colorful butt, a male Betta's long flowing fins, or a lion's mane ... Aren't the women the ones with gender issues?

And in many cultures makeup used to be more of an upper-class thing than a gender thing. Didn't all the trendy ancient Egyptians paint their faces white with lead-based powder?

Anyway, I'm just kidding. After all, I'm a beautiful woman trapped in the body of an ugly smartass tranny.
smile.gif

uh, I hope not. It would be weird to see the men in my life touching up their powder or reapplying lip gloss. UGH! Gross!

Back