Need advice on how to style my hair

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So this is somewhat embarrassing, but I never do anything with my hair and always wear it up in a pony tail. I know it doesn't look good so it's really wearing on my self esteem :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Whenever i get a haircut i just end up getting it shortened a few inches without adding any layers or bangs or anything, I have no idea what to do with it or how to ask the hair dresser.

I guess i should add that my hair just straight, pretty thick and reaches about halfway down my back

I'm almost 20 now and I have 2 older sisters, you'd think at this age it would be easy to be open with your siblings about your insecurities, but its really hard to ask for help when you are so embarrassed. So any suggestion would be helpful.

If you aren't into bangs, what about long layers that start at jaw level.

You can still put your hair in a ponytail with these layers and they will give your hair a lot more movement than one length.

Also, experiment with different parts - side, deep side rather than straight down the middle.

Latest posts

Back