Need Hair Tips for Long Hair

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My suggestion is

1.Once a week apply the banana paste with honey to the hair this gives the hair smooth and shiny.

2. Mix egg,Olive oil and Honey then apply to the hair this will also give shiny and smooth.

I have hair down to my butt. Curly, frizzy, thick. I liked a leave in conditioner from lush...the name escapes me but I believe it's a best seller. I also enjoyed the hair mask tressemme makes, and it's cheap! After I dreaded and removed said dreads from my hair, I did a leave in henna and jasmine pretreatment with pure coco it oil and my hair was table free and soft again. Also, I only wash my hair like every three days, as my hair is dry and not oily...also I don't use much or any production other than maybe some coconut oil and leave-in conditioner (little of each after each hair wash).

How long is your long hair?? Mine is almost waist length. I comb from the ends up as Linda recommended to avoid breakage. I don't use oils, but if I did I'd choose argan oil or coconut oil which help thicken and strengthen hair.

Scalp condition is the most important thing to any length of hair. Keep your scalp hydrated and healthy and hair should grow healthy and long unless you have a health or hormone issue.

Hair vitamins help me a lot to keep my hair and scalp healthy. I'd recommend 5,000 mcg of biotin to anyone.
Hi kitty is your hair straight curly wavy? does Biotin really help? I am trying to grow my hair but it doesnt grow. been like this since i was a child and had a head injury. so i had weird hair through out my life never like my hair and i dont think short hair would fit me, never did when i was a kid people thught i was a boy. no cool. but i have been using coconut oil and leaving it in for days nights etc. then wash it and redo the same steps. any thoughts..thanks

Hello,

Can you suggest me which natural oil is suitable to hairs. in the market various type of oils are available. in this oil which oil is good for hairs.
After shampooing, conditioning and applying hair mask (once a week) I always apply the Moroccan argan oil treatment. I make sure that the ends are well covered.I don't apply it to the roots at all. This seems to seal the moisture in and protects my hair from heat damage even though I wash and heat style my hair every 3 days on average. Pro Naturals is a hair repair system and I follow their suggested regime. I use it alongside my normal drugstore brand, however I always use the argan oil after every shampoo, a luxury but worth it. 

Hi all, 

Having long and lustrous hair is amazing but maintenance is a headache. I never leave my hair dry and oil it regularly. Coconut oil and olive oil suits me. I've seen people use amla and hibiscus based hair oils which are really great. Sometimes, amla oil doesn't suit people with sinus problems and because you're already having a long hair, try if it suits you (see to that you don't get headache or sinus) and then start using it regularly. You can also warm your oil with pepper and ginger so that you don't get affected by cold. Gently massage your scalp and using a comb, spread the oil to the entire scalp. 

Give regular trims (very mild trim though) may be, every six months so that you don't have any split ends that hurt proper hair growth. Do not change shampoos very often which might lead to hair loss. Coconut milk greatly nourishes your hair and its roots, making the roots much stronger and healthier. 

Check theses articles for more info, 

http://www.wikihow.com/Maintain-Long-Hair

Last edited by a moderator:
I find letting my hair dry naturally after washing can help the appearance & texture of it when it comes to styling the next day. Even re-wetting & using a hair dryer seems to work much better if I'd let it dry naturally after the initial wash. I tend to wash it every 1 to 2 days.

i suggest you  to use Dabur Amla. message me if u need anything

Raw egg DOES work to strengthen your hair from breakage. I just take 2 raw eggs and mix them with my shampoo. Cover your head with a shower cap and wait for 30 minutes before rinsing the mixture off with lukewarm water and a gentle shampoo. It is a bit gross and mess but it does work. 

I used to have breakage all the time, but I changed two things and now I dont get breakage: (1) I started using the Egg method I mentioned above, and (2) I now ALWAYS use the Shielo Leave in Protectant right when I get out of the shower. It makes my hair smell GREAT and it protects my hair from heat. NO MORE BREAKAGE FROM THESE TWO METHODS. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Back