Need lipstick help please!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Allright heres a little background info. I am naturally a very pale girl MAC NC15 was too dark. However I'm not one of those beautiful porcelain skinned ladies I just look ghostly and washed out. Soooo with that said I have been tanning for quite a while now and I'm pretty tan. So my dilemma is a good red lipstick. When I was pale I used MAC Russian Red, now that I am darker it looks awful. I have noticed when I watch What Not to Wear lately Stacey London has been doing a cateye and nice red lipstick combo a lot lately and I love it. Well I'm going to try to copy her since our skin color is similar now. Does anyone know a good red lippie for my coloring? Also recs on nail polish I want a nice red not autobody bright red. Just an everyday red not to bright or too dark. I know I'm needy but any help would be greatly appreciated.

You can use a red, but use a nice soft pink liner and some pink mineral make up on top. You will still have the red, but the pink softens so its not so bright. Hope this helps!

I need recs for a nice red lipstick. I am medium complexion with brown eyes and black hair. Thanks in advance.

I love shu Rouge Unlimited l/s. You might want to check it out

shu uemura | ROUGE UNLIMITED RED COLLECTION

1057_ver_lg.jpg

For a really red red check out L'Oreal's Colour Riche British Red... Can't remember the number right off hand.. Wait... Its in my purse.... Found it...... #350....

Karren is that what color you are wearing in your profile picture because I love that!!!

I really like NYC's "Ruby". It's more of a brick red than a bright pink red. In my experience, it's one of the more universally flattering red lipsticks. Plus, for ninety-nine cents, it's a good color to experiment with. Also, have you thought about a lip palette. You could get one with various shades of red and mix and match them until you find the right shade. With the holidays coming up, there are a lot to choose from.

Originally Posted by iiweazle /img/forum/go_quote.gif Karren is that what color you are wearing in your profile picture because I love that!!! Thanks..... But I can't remember.. Lol. It was either that or Plum Brulee #750 or Red Rhapsody #339.
Here's British Red from my last FOTD. https://forum.makeuptalk.com/f58...7-a-68185.html

Thanks everyone where is NYC sold. I have a Walmart, Walgreens and Kmart nearby.

Thanks Karren that FOTD looks great by the way!!!!

Originally Posted by iiweazle /img/forum/go_quote.gif Thanks everyone where is NYC sold. I have a Walmart, Walgreens and Kmart nearby.
Thanks Karren that FOTD looks great by the way!!!!

It should be sold in any of those locations.

I guess I have never seen it, but when I'm in need of cheapie drugstore items I tend to head right to wet and wild, love the bronzer
rockwoot.gif

Originally Posted by Aquilah /img/forum/go_quote.gif It should be sold in any of those locations. Agreed. Most drugstores and Walmart carry it but I've never seen it at Target.

Originally Posted by iiweazle /img/forum/go_quote.gif I guess I have never seen it, but when I'm in need of cheapie drugstore items I tend to head right to wet and wild, love the bronzer
rockwoot.gif
In my opinion, WnW and NYC are pretty similiar. They're right around the same price and both brands have some really good products. Definately, my two favorite cheapie brands. Good luck!

Thanks for all of the help and suggestions everyone, I really do appreciate it. Its nice to get recs for drugstore brands, that way if I don't like it oh well, red is such a hard color for lipstick to get right. However with all of your help I think I'm well on my way.

Latest posts

Back