Need your help mua's

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
well..i'd like to try out my talent which i def. have,by posting it to few freelancers mua sites...

my quest is-let's say-to start something like that-what do you have to have???i have a lots of mu,brushes,things connected to muartistry..so let's say someone calls me,want me to do their mu-what to expect???what are the prices?

i wanna gather as much info before starting anything-so any ideas,advices are welcomed!

In think there have been a few threads dedicated to this....so search the forum too.

Honestly it depends on what avenue of artistry you take on. If you want to do Beauty Makeup, you'll need basics. Foundation is many colors, shadows, lippies etc. If you want to do editorial work, you'll need a lot more crazy things like rhinestones, paints etc. You can google your area to find out how much people are charging and base your rate on that.

I would advise putting together a portfolio of things you have already done, and a scrapbook of things you would LIKE to do. This will give you a good idea of where you stand on the market.

Places like OneModelPlace and similar are good for starting out - you often get photographers and models that work on a "time for print" basis. This is great for building up a repertoire in a less pressured environment.

Thats what I seem to be doing, quite accidently! I start out as a model and before you know it get roped into make up artistry lol.

xxx

Originally Posted by BeneBaby /img/forum/go_quote.gif In think there have been a few threads dedicated to this....so search the forum too.
Honestly it depends on what avenue of artistry you take on. If you want to do Beauty Makeup, you'll need basics. Foundation is many colors, shadows, lippies etc. If you want to do editorial work, you'll need a lot more crazy things like rhinestones, paints etc. You can google your area to find out how much people are charging and base your rate on that.

beauty,yes.for the biggining.later on,i'll see.i know,someone opened thread about modelmayhem or osmething like that..i looked for some info here but obviously i didn't type right things so i didn't get anything..if you know.please link me to it.

where do i find rates and all??? google what exactly?

please help!

Originally Posted by sadiesparkle /img/forum/go_quote.gif I would advise putting together a portfolio of things you have already done, and a scrapbook of things you would LIKE to do. This will give you a good idea of where you stand on the market.
Places like OneModelPlace and similar are good for starting out - you often get photographers and models that work on a "time for print" basis. This is great for building up a repertoire in a less pressured environment.

Thats what I seem to be doing, quite accidently! I start out as a model and before you know it get roped into make up artistry lol.

xxx

yes,i have my work on webshots so i was going to put that out..and see.but before i put that all out i wanna gather all the info...so,please,tell me how did you end up in mua and how was it,how many people had interest in working with you and all that..i am very interested.where did you get your rates from and all that?i am truly new in this -freelance wannabe-thing,so...

Latest posts

Back