New Beauty Subscription! BeautyCon BFF Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my box today and this is hands down my favorite subscription box yet! So much stuff in it and it's got the right mix of useful and exciting items. This is the first I ever heard of DollKill, and I actually like the stuff on their website, but WOW is it an expensive brand. The $20 giftcard won't help much haha. They have a couple of sunglasses for that price, but I would have to pay for shipping. 

Really glad I subscribed to this!

I used my $20 DollKill giftcard to buy the last pair of these sunglasses that they had on clearance:

Screen_Shot_2016_04_11_at_4_12_43_PM.png

They were originally $58 but they were discounted because they were on clearance, so I had to pay $25 (including shipping). I was trying to get a couple of the things that would be less than $20 so I could get it all for free, but I loved these glasses haha.

This is definitely my favorite subscription. I've been using the mini beautyblenders to put on my liquid blush and it looks so natural with that technique. Also been using the Garnier wipes to remove my makeup. I'm excited to try the NYX mattifying spray and the other stuff too.

The summer box was curated by Kandee Johnson.

There's a sneak peek on their site, but they blurred what she's holding!

Screen_Shot_2016_05_31_at_10_51_14_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2016_05_31_at_10_51_23_PM.png

SUPER excited! The Beautycon Spring box has been my favorite out of all my subscriptions.

I got the box last time, Spring, but they left a couple of items put of my box. Getting replacements is worse than PS customer service!!!! Still waiting. Not sure if they will charge me for this box or not, as I have exchanged words with them. They make PS customer service look like saints!

I've been thinking about getting this box. It seems like an amazing value. When I found a 50% off your first box coupon I jumped on it. However when I went to the site it was still showcasing the winter box and wouldn't let me subscribe. After fiddling with it I was finally allowed to try and sign up. Unfortunately the coupon wasn't working so I started trying to figure out how to fix it. Well I wound up on their Facebook page and ended up seeing all the negative comments. From what I can see it's impossible to cancel and people have had to cancel their card. Apparently there is no unsubscribe button on the site. Also to unsubscribe you have to do it within seven days of receiving your last box and their customer service takes weeks to get to you. Not to mention all the posts about missing items. This just seems shady to me and after the Allure debacle last month I'm not sure I even want to bother with it. I wish these companies could get it together so I feel confident about giving them my money. 

I wanted to subscribe to this box because c'mon, who can resist that 50% off?! I realized, I am trying to downsize my sample stash. I passed and will wait for more spoilers. Maybe there will be an item that would really push me to buy it! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I've been thinking about getting this box. It seems like an amazing value. When I found a 50% off your first box coupon I jumped on it. However when I went to the site it was still showcasing the winter box and wouldn't let me subscribe. After fiddling with it I was finally allowed to try and sign up. Unfortunately the coupon wasn't working so I started trying to figure out how to fix it. Well I wound up on their Facebook page and ended up seeing all the negative comments. From what I can see it's impossible to cancel and people have had to cancel their card. Apparently there is no unsubscribe button on the site. Also to unsubscribe you have to do it within seven days of receiving your last box and their customer service takes weeks to get to you. Not to mention all the posts about missing items. This just seems shady to me and after the Allure debacle last month I'm not sure I even want to bother with it. I wish these companies could get it together so I feel confident about giving them my money. 
Wow I had no idea they have problems like this. Thanks for sharing. I'm not good at doing research ahead of time and just subbed without knowing all this. I hope the box ends up being ok. It's crazy that customer service seems to be more of an after thought with many of these companies.

Just got my box today. Overall it's a nice box. I'm maybe not the right demographic but I'll use some of the items and give some away.

image.jpeg

I received my box yesterday and I really like it. The only thing I'm not that excited about is the Redken hair product since I never use products in my hair (other than shampoo and conditioner, that is). I already had the Better Than Sex Mascara, but not the waterproof one. Overall, it's a good value box and they put a lot of useful things in it.

Luckily I haven't had any issues with missing items so far, so I haven't had any problems with customer service like a lot of people have, but I hope they continue to improve that. 

I was really unimpressed by the Fall box. I received mine yesterday, and I'll be selling almost everything. It has too many products focused on lashes. It also brought fake tanner, which I don't use. And I had already received the angled Luxie brush from either Boxycharm or Glossybox. I think the makeup wipes, the Ofra liquid lipstick, and the Brow Gal pencil are the only things I'll keep. And even then, the Ofra lipstick is similar to several colors I already have, so I'm not excited about it.

The winter box is the final box in my subscription, so I'll wait and see how it is before I cancel. I really liked the summer and spring boxes, so if I like three out of four, that's good.

Back