new drug store products

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by internetchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Good! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
internetchick: I started out this review a bit biased. I hate Maybelline products. Really, really, really hate. I can think of one product I like, and it is The Falsie's mascara. I have been let down by their foundations, eyeshadows, blushes, concealers, liners, etc. I had given up on trying anything from them ever again.

LMAO I also hate their products because, as I've stated before, it looks so pretty in the packaging but tends to be crappy when applied. I might have to pick up a couple of these at Fred Meyer, Walgreens or RiteAid, which ever one has a sale.

@Zadi-You always have way better stuff in ur area than I do. I just bought 3 of the Union Jack Rimmel eyeshadows while I was in England. I used one of them and I'm not sure if the primer I used made it crease or if the shadow itself was creasing but the shadow didn't last that long at all.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

LMAO I also hate their products because, as I've stated before, it looks so pretty in the packaging but tends to be crappy when applied. I might have to pick up a couple of these at Fred Meyer, Walgreens or RiteAid, which ever one has a sale.
My Fred Meyer doesn't have them yet. So far only Target, Walmart, and Walgreens (I am on the western part of the state).

Also, you will never see me be a Maybelline ambassador lol! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

When it comes to nail polishes, sometimes they aren't always new. Sometimes they are just old colors brought back from the grave. I noticed a revlon display in CVS and there was this iridescent blue color. I almost bought it, then I thought for a minute and realized I had the exact same color at home. It first came out when I was about 16 or so(I'm 31 now). Sure enough came home and it was the same color(yes I hold on to my stuff that long).

Originally Posted by Hezzie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

@Zadi-You always have way better stuff in ur area than I do. I just bought 3 of the Union Jack Rimmel eyeshadows while I was in England. I used one of them and I'm not sure if the primer I used made it crease or if the shadow itself was creasing but the shadow didn't last that long at all.
LOL Not always. My area tends to miss a good deal of stuff - the vast majority of WnW limited editions are typically only found at Fred Meyer and I found that out on accident.

Originally Posted by internetchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My Fred Meyer doesn't have them yet. So far only Target, Walmart, and Walgreens (I am on the western part of the state).

Also, you will never see me be a Maybelline ambassador lol! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
You're near Tacomagirl, right? I can't recall where you said you were at but check today since Freddies tends to put out stock on Tuesdays (least my local two does).

Right, not far from Tacoma. I got the ones I wanted. Not sure if any others will call to me.

Maybelline Color Tattoo Shadows. Excellent; but only tried Tough as Taupe & Bad to the Bronze. L'Oreal Voluminous False Lashes fibre mascara. Hate, hate, hate. Revlon CB Lip Butters. Just average.

I have been going a little crazy with the new drugstore items.

I have tried in the past 2 weeks:

Revlon Lip Butters-LOVE THEM!

Maybelline Baby Lips-Hated it (too dry)

Covergirl New Foundation with primer 2 in 1-I loved how it looked but my skin is wayyy to oily for it

Maybelline Tattoo Shadows-LOVE THEM! I have been using them more than my paintpots.

Revlon PhotoReady Eye Primer/Brightener- I love it as a brightener but my eyelids are too oily as a primer alone.

Garnier Beauty Balm (I'm sure they call it something else)-It was wayyy too light for me so I returned it.

Today I bought (haven't tried yet):

Maybelline Dream Nude Airfoam

Maybelline Dreamlumi (highlighter)

New Cetaphil Oil Control Facial wash & moisturizer

I have been everywhere looking for the PhotoReady Airbrush foundation but I can't find it in my shade yet.

Maybelline has new 24 hour cream eyeshadow. I saw it at CVS and Wal Mart. Its new to my area anyway, not sure about others.

I want to try that Mousse!

So far I've tried the revlon butters which I really like and also the maybelline falsies mascara

I've heard some really good things about the 24 hr tattoo eyeshadows. I definitely want to pick some up this weekend. I've heard they're comparable to paint pots, and if that's the case, I'm gonna stock up. 

I tried the Maybelline Dream Bouncy blush and I gotta say when I first felt it I flipped out- it's like memory foam!

I really, really want to try the new Maybelline Color Tattoos! I've been reading lots of reviews and watched YT-vids and they seem really great. Unfortunately though I live in Sweden, a country where cosmetics are disgustingly over-priced and where new collections/products take ages before they're released. With some luck the Color Tattoos will be available over here sometime next year, only in uglier packaging with less colors and a quadrupled pricetag. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

L'Oreal Magic Souffle blushes (very sheer - especially the pale pink Celestial; no way this would show up on someone darker than NC/W25, at a push!) are gorgeous, and I prefer the Color Riche tinted balms to the Revlon CB butters.

I just picked up a 24 hour tattoo eyeshadow in tenacious teal. I found them in rite aid, they weren't on the shelf yesterday. I'm gonna try it out tomorrow. I'm dying to try it, but my makeup looks so good today ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> lol

I like the 24 hour color tattoos. Nicely pigmented and though they apply like cream, they feel like powder (a plus, to me). However, DO use a primer! I didn't, and since I had gone for a sorta "lighter" touch with it, it kinda left a stipple effect where I had recently plucked a few strays. Re-did it with a primer and it was fine.

Ugh... In a moment of weakness I bought a Bouncy blush (Candy Coral) off of Ebay for 15 bucks. This better be good. It'll be fun to touch it at least.
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by Stackhouse /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ugh... In a moment of weakness I bought a Bouncy blush (Candy Coral) off of Ebay for 15 bucks. This better be good. It'll be fun to touch it at least.
biggrin.gif

You mean this? http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?skuId=2239661&productId=xlsImpprod4070007&navAction=push&navCount=1&subdoc=23springcolor2012&categoryId=cat80052

$15? It's like $7 in Walgreens!? I hope you are talking about some fabulous designer blush...can it not be found in your area? I'm confused...

Back