New England Clam Chowder

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Another one of my (unhealthy) favorites Ingredients <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 width=409 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>4 slices bacon, diced </TD></TR><TR><TD>1 1/2 cups chopped onion </TD></TR><TR><TD>1 1/2 cups water </TD></TR><TR><TD>4 cups peeled and cubed potatoes </TD></TR><TR><TD>1 1/2 teaspoons salt </TD></TR><TR><TD>ground black pepper to taste </TD></TR><TR><TD>3 cups half-and-half </TD></TR><TR><TD>3 tablespoons butter </TD></TR><TR><TD>2 (10 ounce) cans minced clams </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE> Place diced bacon in large stock pot over medium-high heat. Cook until almost crisp; add onions, and cook 5 minutes. Stir in water and potatoes, and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, and cook uncovered for 15 minutes, or until potatoes are fork tender. 2 Pour in half-and-half, and add butter. Drain clams, reserving clam liquid; stir clams and 1/2 of the clam liquid into the soup. Cook for about 5 minutes, or until heated through. Do not allow to boil.

Half and Half is half cream, half milk. They sell it already premixed. Originally Posted by HeadtoToe What's half and half? Sorry I'm from the UK!! Lesley

You're welcome. My Mom is from Ireland and it seems she has a different word for everything!

Originally Posted by HeadtoToe Thanks Kim
smile.gif

Lesley

Latest posts

Back