New MU Line coming Spring 05

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Celebrity Make Up Artist Spills All!

By Susanna Hari

Do you ever wonder how the famous faces in Hollywood look flawless? Are you seething with jealousy watching Denise Richards slink down the Red Carpet? This month I have discovered a modern and extensive line of cosmetics. The best part, it comes complete with instructions on how to become your own Makeup Artist! The Jeni Lee philosophy is simple: “Each woman should learn how to be their own make up artist.â€

jenilee.jpg

Jeni Lee has been a working Makeup Artist for over twenty years. She has worked with several celebrities, medical professionals and cancer patients providing pro-bono work while they’re in treatment and her work can be seen in several national magazines. Jeni’s “faces†have been featured in several major Hollywood films, including “Forrest Gump,†“Shawshank Redemption,†and “Fair Game.â€
Jeni’s new and extended line, Jeni Lee Cosmetics, will be re-launched this spring in exclusive boutiques and prestige retailers across the country. Her passion for real women was her inspiration to create not only the line, but also a veritable “how-to†instruction manual to on the most sought after looks.

“Makeup Scenes,†is the name of the guidebook. The philosophy behind it is that women need to realize that the faces on magazine covers, fashion layouts and movies are airbrushed, retouched, and altered. Those images can intimidate women. “Makeup Scenes†teaches women basic and advanced make up skills.

The cosmetic line contains a full spectrum of color for all skin tones and types; from palest ivory to deep chocolate. All products are created with Animal-Free Testing. The Liquid Foundation SPF 15 is a sheer and highly corrective foundation. It comes in a frosted glass bottle that makes it easy identify the color. It completely neutralizes redness, discoloration, acne scarring, and hydrates your skin too. The Cream Foundation SPF 15 provides fuller coverage with a velvety finish.

The Jeni Lee Loose Powder feels like satin. It comes in a frosted silver box, with a mirrored lid for easy application. It contains approximately five ingredients, yet leaves skin soft, polished, and shine-free.

jleef.jpg

The powder blush and eye shadows also come in frosted silver sleek mirrored compacts. Two perfect everyday eye shadows are “Bashfulâ€, a creamy banana-beige, and “Seriesâ€, a caramel nude. The shadows are highly pigmented and are very long lasting. Also in the color spectrum are ultra modern shades like “Thunder.†It’s the perfect mix of lavender and slate.
There’s a variety of blushes as well, 12 different shades to be exact. They leave a soft glow on the cheek, and are easy to apply. One of my favorites is the super sexy peach shade “pillow talkâ€.

jlee.jpg

The Jeni Lee Mascara does a fantastic job of thickening and separating lashes with a natural look. It is a drier formula than most mascara. It contains beeswax which really adheres to individual lashes when applied. After two coats, I had a full, thick, soft curtain of lashes.
The lipstick shades are fantastic and come in two formulas. You can choose from the Moisturizing Lipstick or the Jeni Lee SPF 15 Lipstick. The SPF 15 provides hydration and sun protection. A super standout is the color “Extra,†a lustrous universal shade of rose.

jleelip.jpg

I am impressed with Jeni Lee cosmetics. The line works equally well for the novice or the experienced. She’s unlocked the door to the elusive world of celebrity beauty by giving her professional tips and tricks to the public through “Makeup Scenes.†Jeni teaches us that we can be our own celebrity, and reminds us that the flawless image up on the movie screen is just that… an image. Check out www.jenilee.net to select products, view sample pages of “Makeup Scenesâ€, and get purchase information.

Originally Posted by Diane Celebrity Make Up Artist Spills All!By Susanna Hari

Do you ever wonder how the famous faces in Hollywood look flawless? Are you seething with jealousy watching Denise Richards slink down the Red Carpet? This month I have discovered a modern and extensive line of cosmetics. The best part, it comes complete with instructions on how to become your own Makeup Artist! The Jeni Lee philosophy is simple: “Each woman should learn how to be their own make up artist.â€

jenilee.jpg

Jeni Lee has been a working Makeup Artist for over twenty years. She has worked with several celebrities, medical professionals and cancer patients providing pro-bono work while they’re in treatment and her work can be seen in several national magazines. Jeni’s “faces†have been featured in several major Hollywood films, including “Forrest Gump,†“Shawshank Redemption,†and “Fair Game.â€

Jeni’s new and extended line, Jeni Lee Cosmetics, will be re-launched this spring in exclusive boutiques and prestige retailers across the country. Her passion for real women was her inspiration to create not only the line, but also a veritable “how-to†instruction manual to on the most sought after looks.

“Makeup Scenes,†is the name of the guidebook. The philosophy behind it is that women need to realize that the faces on magazine covers, fashion layouts and movies are airbrushed, retouched, and altered. Those images can intimidate women. “Makeup Scenes†teaches women basic and advanced make up skills.

The cosmetic line contains a full spectrum of color for all skin tones and types; from palest ivory to deep chocolate. All products are created with Animal-Free Testing. The Liquid Foundation SPF 15 is a sheer and highly corrective foundation. It comes in a frosted glass bottle that makes it easy identify the color. It completely neutralizes redness, discoloration, acne scarring, and hydrates your skin too. The Cream Foundation SPF 15 provides fuller coverage with a velvety finish.

The Jeni Lee Loose Powder feels like satin. It comes in a frosted silver box, with a mirrored lid for easy application. It contains approximately five ingredients, yet leaves skin soft, polished, and shine-free.

jleef.jpg

The powder blush and eye shadows also come in frosted silver sleek mirrored compacts. Two perfect everyday eye shadows are “Bashfulâ€, a creamy banana-beige, and “Seriesâ€, a caramel nude. The shadows are highly pigmented and are very long lasting. Also in the color spectrum are ultra modern shades like “Thunder.†It’s the perfect mix of lavender and slate.
There’s a variety of blushes as well, 12 different shades to be exact. They leave a soft glow on the cheek, and are easy to apply. One of my favorites is the super sexy peach shade “pillow talkâ€.

jlee.jpg

The Jeni Lee Mascara does a fantastic job of thickening and separating lashes with a natural look. It is a drier formula than most mascara. It contains beeswax which really adheres to individual lashes when applied. After two coats, I had a full, thick, soft curtain of lashes.
The lipstick shades are fantastic and come in two formulas. You can choose from the Moisturizing Lipstick or the Jeni Lee SPF 15 Lipstick. The SPF 15 provides hydration and sun protection. A super standout is the color “Extra,†a lustrous universal shade of rose.

jleelip.jpg

I am impressed with Jeni Lee cosmetics. The line works equally well for the novice or the experienced. She’s unlocked the door to the elusive world of celebrity beauty by giving her professional tips and tricks to the public through “Makeup Scenes.†Jeni teaches us that we can be our own celebrity, and reminds us that the flawless image up on the movie screen is just that… an image. Check out www.jenilee.net to select products, view sample pages of “Makeup Scenesâ€, and get purchase information.

oooooohhhhh! This looks like something I could get used to spending lots of $$ on!!!
icon_eek.gif

Went to her site... stuff looks good - nice prices too... Just wish there were a color chart somewhere to see what the colors are!
icon_neutral.gif

I'm w/you Janelle. The price point is enticing, but the lack of color swatches or descriptions prevents anyone from buying. Hopefully they'll be up soon.

I agree and I'll keep my eye out for it.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by keaLoha I'm w/you Janelle. The price point is enticing, but the lack of color swatches or descriptions prevents anyone from buying. Hopefully they'll be up soon.

Originally Posted by Diane “Makeup Scenes,†is the name of the guidebook. The philosophy behind it is that women need to realize that the faces on magazine covers, fashion layouts and movies are airbrushed, retouched, and altered. Those images can intimidate women I have to agree with this 100%.. Sometime i get depressed looking at all the celebs in magazines, on tv etc.. but luckily i always have my little sister around to say "do you KNOW how long they've just spent in hair & make up, you'd look the same if you did too"! That always cheers me up
biggrin.gif

Looks like a cool line although i really don't need any more lemmings at the moment!

Originally Posted by Laura I have to agree with this 100%.. Sometime i get depressed looking at all the celebs in magazines, on tv etc.. but luckily i always have my little sister around to say "do you KNOW how long they've just spent in hair & make up, you'd look the same if you did too"! That always cheers me up
biggrin.gif

Looks like a cool line although i really don't need any more lemmings at the moment!

Yeah, I'm sure if we had our own hair & makeup people around 24/7 with nothing else to do with our lives but look good - we'd look like that too! LOL
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Latest posts

Back