New One Direction makeup collection

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my kit today too. I agree with everyone else that the eyeshadows were nicely pigmented. I don't think I'll be trying everything out in the kit though, since I plan to give it to my friend's kids that love 1D.

The lipstick is ABSOLUTELY horrible D; but everything else was really nice. The eye shadows were very easy to work with and surprisingly had really good pigmentation. The eyeliner stayed on ALL DAY LONG without smudging one bit and I really really really love the color. The mascara was perfect since I prefer that type of wand and the formula wasn't too dry or wet (again, no smudging which is a huge surprise since my eyes are watery at some point during the day). The nail polish is really pretty but the brush had a few 'stray hairs' which I just snipped off with some handy dandy scissors. I can't report on how long the nail polish will last on my nails but so far so good - there are no chips and it was very easy to apply. All in all, I think that this would be a great set for someone who is really into One Direction - would I buy it again? I don't think so. I'm not a huge fan of One Direction (...and to be honest, I don't even know most of their names). The products aren't bad but I can find cheaper alternatives in the drugstore for less than $29 with coupons and what not. What do you guys think?

EDIT - I will add TONS of photos tonight... =)

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay here are all of my pictures:

1.JPG

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

I have more pictures but MUT is only letting me upload 10 photos :p Oh wells! Time to work on my full review for the blog..

timearrow2.png
What You Do Next
Once approved, you'll publish your content
Once your post is reviewed, you will be given the go ahead (via email) to publish it along with a special piece of code that will help measure performance.

Since when did BrandBacker "review" our posts before publishing? I've never came across this before and I've finished several campaigns. Weirddd.

Some campaigns require approval, some don't. I've encountered a few that have but published regardless if they gave me approval or not.

My favorite part of the video (paraphrasing because no short-term memory right now):  "You know this is going up on YouTube, right?"  "I don't care!"  And then at the end:  "Stop filming me!"

Hi! I'm new to makeuptalk..so hello all :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I also received the makeup by one direction sample via brandbacker. I was wondering how long it takes for them to approve the post for publication. I submitted my post yesterday and I haven't heard from them yet.

Oddly 

The lipstick is ABSOLUTELY horrible D; but everything else was really nice. The eye shadows were very easy to work with and surprisingly had really good pigmentation. The eyeliner stayed on ALL DAY LONG without smudging one bit and I really really really love the color. The mascara was perfect since I prefer that type of wand and the formula wasn't too dry or wet (again, no smudging which is a huge surprise since my eyes are watery at some point during the day). The nail polish is really pretty but the brush had a few 'stray hairs' which I just snipped off with some handy dandy scissors. I can't report on how long the nail polish will last on my nails but so far so good - there are no chips and it was very easy to apply. All in all, I think that this would be a great set for someone who is really into One Direction - would I buy it again? I don't think so. I'm not a huge fan of One Direction (...and to be honest, I don't even know most of their names). The products aren't bad but I can find cheaper alternatives in the drugstore for less than $29 with coupons and what not. What do you guys think?

EDIT - I will add TONS of photos tonight... =)
Oddly enough, I really liked the lipstick, especially layered with the lip gloss. The eye shadows are definitely creamy and pigmented, but the fallout is quite annoying.

Since you already posted pictures of products I will just add some more swatches in different light and on another skin tone for comparison, as well as my final look. Enjoy!

one-direction-makeup-lip-gloss-lipstick-swatch.jpg

makeup-one-direction-swatches-review-013.jpg

makeup-one-direction-swatches-review-012.jpg

makeup-one-direction-swatches-review-010.jpg

makeup-one-direction-swatches-review-018.jpg

Hi! I'm new to makeuptalk..so hello all :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I also received the makeup by one direction sample via brandbacker. I was wondering how long it takes for them to approve the post for publication. I submitted my post yesterday and I haven't heard from them yet.
Less than 24 hours for me :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Oddly 

Oddly enough, I really liked the lipstick, especially layered with the lip gloss. The eye shadows are definitely creamy and pigmented, but the fallout is quite annoying.

Since you already posted pictures of products I will just add some more swatches in different light and on another skin tone for comparison, as well as my final look. Enjoy!

one-direction-makeup-lip-gloss-lipstick-swatch.jpg

makeup-one-direction-swatches-review-013.jpg

makeup-one-direction-swatches-review-012.jpg

makeup-one-direction-swatches-review-010.jpg

makeup-one-direction-swatches-review-018.jpg
I just gave the lipstick to my 4 year old niece and she was really happy haha I didn't experience much fall out but I've only used the palette 3x so far D; Your pictures are lovely and I like what you did with your stencils! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Kat finally got a chance to use her palette - we also got the dreaded Up All Night ("1980s Barbie") kit. Kat actually did use it today to wear to the 1D concert she's at right now. She HATES the lipstick and lipgloss when paired with the eyeshadow. She gave the kit the nickname "1980s Barbie". She ended up adding more black liner and changed out the gloss before she left. She's 15 so this kit is aimed at her demographic and she said the kit as a whole wasn't the greatest because it's too 1980s Barbie. She still wants the other two kits though and thinks those two are better colors than Up All Night. She also said that they should have put nail decals instead of stencils and included a liquid eyeliner instead of the lipstick.

Kat finally got a chance to use her palette - we also got the dreaded Up All Night ("1980s Barbie") kit. Kat actually did use it today to wear to the 1D concert she's at right now. She HATES the lipstick and lipgloss when paired with the eyeshadow. She gave the kit the nickname "1980s Barbie". She ended up adding more black liner and changed out the gloss before she left. She's 15 so this kit is aimed at her demographic and she said the kit as a whole wasn't the greatest because it's too 1980s Barbie. She still wants the other two kits though and thinks those two are better colors than Up All Night. She also said that they should have put nail decals instead of stencils and included a liquid eyeliner instead of the lipstick.
Man oh man... I totally agree with Kat - the whole Barbie thing especially with the lipstick D; urghhh the gloss is nice alone though and yes yes yes for the nail decals.

I have the kit here on my desk, open and the more I look at it the more I have to agree with the things she said to me this afternoon. She said should have been in the kit.

1. Lipgloss (check)
  2. Eyeshadow palette (check)
  3. Mascara (check)
  4. Liquid eyeliner
  5. Nail decals
  6. Blush (and that was a maybe since she really wasn't sure)
With the stencils it would have made sense to have a fine tip liner (liquid marker) to doodle with instead of the jumbo pencil. Having both a hot pink lip gloss and a bubblegum pink lipstick is overkill. Tweens and teens tend to use lip gloss over lipstick (she lives in lip gloss). She likes the polish and likes the color but felt it didn't fit with the color scheme and it should have been a navy blue if a nail polish had to be in the kit but she rather have had nail decals. In fact, to get ready for the One Direction concert tonight, last night she dug out the Union Jack decals I've been holding onto for her for many months. Found those on clearance at Walmart last year and held onto them for her for tonight.

Since these palettes are suppose to retail for $30 at high end department stores like Lord and Taylor then the quality should have been there and it's not. These should have been sold at mass retailers like Walgreens and RiteAid where tweens are more likely to shop. I know I wouldn't spend $30 on this regardless how much she begged (my husband on the other hand might since he's clueless about makeup and Kat is his favorite). The quality of this should have this kit priced at $15 - at most - but no less than $10 since even the Fergie kit (no polish or lipgloss/stick) was only $9.99.

I thought the kit was okay. It's nothing I would buy on my own, but it was fun to try. I am not big on blue eyeshadow, but I am a fan of neon pink lips, so I liked the lipstick a lot.  :wub:

I thought the kit was okay. It's nothing I would buy on my own, but it was fun to try. I am not big on blue eyeshadow, but I am a fan of neon pink lips, so I liked the lipstick a lot.  :wub:
I like big bold lips too but this one was way too dry for me... plus I don't think that it goes with the whole blue color theme... bright pink lips and blue eyeshadow? not my taste D; haha

edit: just a personal thing - did anyone else find the lipstick drying?

I have the kit here on my desk, open and the more I look at it the more I have to agree with the things she said to me this afternoon. She said should have been in the kit.

1. Lipgloss (check)
  2. Eyeshadow palette (check)
  3. Mascara (check)
  4. Liquid eyeliner
  5. Nail decals
  6. Blush (and that was a maybe since she really wasn't sure)
With the stencils it would have made sense to have a fine tip liner (liquid marker) to doodle with instead of the jumbo pencil. Having both a hot pink lip gloss and a bubblegum pink lipstick is overkill. Tweens and teens tend to use lip gloss over lipstick (she lives in lip gloss). She likes the polish and likes the color but felt it didn't fit with the color scheme and it should have been a navy blue if a nail polish had to be in the kit but she rather have had nail decals. In fact, to get ready for the One Direction concert tonight, last night she dug out the Union Jack decals I've been holding onto for her for many months. Found those on clearance at Walmart last year and held onto them for her for tonight.

Since these palettes are suppose to retail for $30 at high end department stores like Lord and Taylor then the quality should have been there and it's not. These should have been sold at mass retailers like Walgreens and RiteAid where tweens are more likely to shop. I know I wouldn't spend $30 on this regardless how much she begged (my husband on the other hand might since he's clueless about makeup and Kat is his favorite). The quality of this should have this kit priced at $15 - at most - but no less than $10 since even the Fergie kit (no polish or lipgloss/stick) was only $9.99.
I totally agree with you on the whole price range thing! I also think that a blush would've been nice since I love meee some good ole blushes! haha

I like big bold lips too but this one was way too dry for me... plus I don't think that it goes with the whole blue color theme... bright pink lips and blue eyeshadow? not my taste D; haha

edit: just a personal thing - did anyone else find the lipstick drying?
I haven't personally tried it so I can't say however I did think it looked drying and it emphasized chapped lips. She put it on and her lips looked so chapped I had her go remove it it then go scrub her lips to try again.

I haven't personally tried it so I can't say however I did think it looked drying and it emphasized chapped lips. She put it on and her lips looked so chapped I had her go remove it it then go scrub her lips to try again.
do you think that Kat will end up with the other 2 kits or no? you mentioned earlier that you wouldn't buy them at the $30 price point.. haha just wondering :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back