New Year's Makeup Resolutions

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anyone else trying to curb their cosmetic purchases for the new year? I'm overwhelmed w/stuff & am still trying to downsize my stash. I told myself to watch my makeup spending & invest in more skin care & treatments like facials.

I try to keep my stash to minimum and watch what I spend on makeup and skin care. I don't get facials done for the fact that they are so expensive. I've found that the best way to control my spending is not to go to the mall. I do most of my makeup and skin care shopping online and it helps to look at the total in the shopping cart before completing the purchase. I've reconsidered a lot of my purchases after seeing the total in the cart and have decided many times not to buy anything.

I make most of my cosmetic purchases at Walgreens, I haven't been into the high end stuff for a long time so even though I'm always buying eye shadows, lip color, etc.. just about every time I go down there, I'm really not spending that much. I did buy a couple of Clinique items while at the mall two weeks ago but after using them I wasn't impressed, even if I did like the expensive makeup,it's just such a pain to drive to the mall here so it's only something I do maybe a few times a year. I use a lot of Revlon, Max Factor and Neutrogena makeup and Walgreens has a pretty good selection, plus they always have all the new arrivals in a special area that calls my name every time I walk in the door
icon_rolleyes.gif
. I just don't let myself feel guilty on my little makeup splurges here and there, buying and trying new stuff is just one of those little pleasures I allow myself to have.

My new years resolution will be to spend more money on facials, manicures, pedicure & my hair in 2005 rather than adding to my make up stash!

I'm planning on doing a huge make up haul over Xmas & January but after that, i won't be spending so much on cosmetics.

Another resolution will be to start swapping again!

I'm either buying at Ulta or the drugstore... so I really don't spend that much on makeup... Except when I find myself buying a LOT of inexpensive things - and end up with a bagfull of stuff that ended up being expensive anyway! LOL But I'm definitely curb my spendings on that and try to use up some of the stuff I have. I want a train case so that maybe once everything is organized and I see what I actually have - i'll use it more... It's hard to use up stuff when It's buried at the bottom of one of a million makeup bags! LOL

Know that blush is under here somewhere!"
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by laura127 My new years resolution will be to spend more money on facials, manicures, pedicure & my hair in 2005 rather than adding to my make up stash!
I'm planning on doing a huge make up haul over Xmas & January but after that, i won't be spending so much on cosmetics.

Another resolution will be to start swapping again!

I'm the opposite of you Laura. I get my hair and nails done every 2 weeks but don't really spend on make up. I recently started freelancing and have been getting lots of refferels. But I gotta up my stash.

Absolutely! How much makeup does a person need???? Me too, I'm overwhelmed. But no more.

I'm trying to make more informed purchases, and not impulse buy especially on high-end items.

I'm by no means a high end snob, but I'll be limiting my drugstore purchases as those are the ones that add up for me! I'll buy lots of pretty things that don't work for me, and I give them away to friends and family. After all that money spent, I could've had a high end item (or several! *gasp*) that I would have loved.

I also plan on being on Cold Turkey until May 10. I plan on having a huge haul to celebrate the end of the semester, as this will be a tough one.

Back